Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

wanted:pink tempro floor tom

Can anyone help me? I am looking for a pink sparkle Tempro floor tom for my son's birthday. (Good Luck with that, right?) He has requested this to add to his kit, which we inherited several years ago. The finish is pink sparkle, but my husband thinks it is more precisely pink champagne sparkle. I have searched high and low to try to find some kind of listing for color comparison for the Tempro kits, but I can't find anything. I would like to get as close a match as I can, any suggestions? I have also heard about precision wrap and jaminsams but read somewhere that jaminsams doesn't have pink champagne sparkle anymore. What is precision wrap? A place that matches, then you can wrap any drum with that finish? Anyhow, I have attached a photo.

1 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

You know, with digital pics it can be very hard to get a read on what a color is really like, with variables like flash, lighting, etc. That said, that looks pretty pink to me. I've never seen Japanese drums in pink sparkle, but they made a pink diamond pearl, so I dont see any reason a pink sparkle couldn't happen, but it must be exceedingly rare.

Also, be aware that this set may have never come with a floor tom originally. Many of these old sets were sold as 3 pieces, with a snare, bass, and rack tom. Additionally, there seem to be fewer of that style of lug around, but I would look at drums branded Pearl and Whitehall as well as Tempro. All this adds up to... you might be waiting a very, very long time before a floor tom that fits the bill comes along.

So, you could hit up Jamminsam or whatever drum builder site for wrap to re-wrap a floor tom to match, but you may also consider giving forum member Jonnistix a shout. If you ask really nice, you might persuade him to do a custom job for you. Check out this thread:

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=9435

Hope this might be in some way helpful.

Posted on 14 years ago

I've got Tempro's , but they are not pink.. :o

MY Dirty Little Collection
Posted on 14 years ago

I saw a japanese set named Ruether that had a floor tom in pink sparkle,so they do exist,but finding one on a deadline is probably a big roll of the dice,you could search e bay and cl for one,of course american made, later japanese and euro brands will cost more.You could try some of the other drum forums in their wanted to buy sections,here are a couple that have nice and helpful folks on them, http://www.drumforum.org/index.php?/index http://www.drummerworld.com/ It can be hard to tell from photos what a certain finish looks like, but to me your photos look like pink sparkle,Champagne sparkle to my eyes has more flecks of yellow/gold in it that makes the whole thing more of a salmon color. Boy,the things Mom's will do for their kid's! Good luck,and by the way welcome to the forum.

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="Magenta"]First off...that's Glitter, not sparkle.

Second off, it's pretty faded...so....the likelihood that you are ever gonna find a vintage orphan drum with a fade which matches that is about 1%....

So...you could order a custom color from Drummaker.com and get very, very close to that hue...since they have about 300 different custom-ordered colors available.

Then you'd just need to find either a Tempro drum (not all that hard to find) or just Tempro-style lugs....and have the shell rewrapped in the custom wrap you ordered from Drummaker.

Eeeeeeeeeeeasy Streeeeeeeet !!!!!

OK, maybe not...but...enuff of us here do re-wraps so perhaps the closest member geographically to you can help you out.....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

you know, you're right, it is glitter. Thanks, I'll check out the site! It thought I'd found the match at jaminsams, but I was wrong because I was looking at sparkle...

Posted on 14 years ago

Custom wrap would be the way to go, but drumaker has a minimum 3 sheet order, which is around $200.

I don't know where you are at shall, perhaps you should ask if someone is near you or knows someone that is near you to help with a re-wrap....

I re-wrapped my Tempro toms with minimal problems....

You can see them HERE

Good luck & welcome...

Posted on 14 years ago

You may also want to talk to Cazdude..

You can find his site HERE..

Posted on 14 years ago

From latzanimal

Custom wrap would be the way to go, but drumaker has a minimum 3 sheet order, which is around $200.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I think they stopped requiring a minimum.....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

From Jaye

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I think they stopped requiring a minimum.....[/COLOR]

Just checked the site. Thanks Jaye.

YEP!! No minimum..

You can see them HERE

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here