Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

WANTED: Ludwig Speed King Hi-Hat Stand

Hello,

I am looking for a Ludwig Speed King hi-hat stand.

Offers greately appreciated.

Thank You.

Corey Cook

[email]ccook@jamadots.com[/email]

Posted on 17 years ago

As far as I know, there is no "SpeedKing" hi-hat pedal. There are several vintage Ludwig hi-hat stands with a similar looking pedal footplate to the SpeedKing's footplate, though. They are usually known as "SpurLok" pedals. Just do a search on Ebay for "Ludwig SpurLok hi-hat" or "vintage Ludwig hi-hat" and you will find several. Here is one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-LUDWIG-Hi-Hat-Stand-L-1123-1-Low-Reserve_W0QQitemZ290142203558QQihZ019QQcategoryZ119017QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Good luck.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago

Thank you for your reply.

Posted on 17 years ago

I realize this is an old post but I stumbled on it while searching for a Ludwig Speed King Hihat:

This Hihat came to me in a box of drum parts, hardware & cymbals that came with the 58 Gretsch kit I recently bought.

The HiHat was in pretty rough shape but I was able to clean it up and it works fine. I'm using with the 58 Gretsch kit and I love it!

It says "Twin Spring" on the footplate. I'm wondering if Ludwig made this hihat up and used the same plate as the pedal?

I may write the Ludwig people and see what they say.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here