Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Wanted: Gretsch 3 ply kit 22, 13, 16 sizes for RB orphans

I have two RB 6 ply orphan drums that I'm willing to let go. I've got a 14x14 floor Tom and 22" kick (not same color).

If I can find a Gretsch 3 ply kit in 22, 13, 16...I'd love to work out a deal somehow. If I managed to find three orphans in good shape, I'd probably be up for it.

Posted on 11 years ago

What color is the 14x14? Ive been looking for a WMP for 2 years now. I dont have what you're looking for but I have cash if you're looking to sell and its WMP. Thanks

Posted on 11 years ago

Hello

I am looking for a 14x14 Gretsch round badge floor tom

would you consider selling the one you have

Could you post a couple pictures

I would appreciate it

thanks again

Posted on 11 years ago

From KEITHFOX

What color is the 14x14? Ive been looking for a WMP for 2 years now. I dont have what you're looking for but I have cash if you're looking to sell and its WMP. Thanks

WMP 14 by 14's are REAL hard to get for some reason...

Think I have had only 1 in 26 years of selling! And that was 20+ years ago!

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 11 years ago

I may be posting my Cadi Green kit for sale soon. I just got the last 50's 3ply (9x13) tom painted yesterday.

I collected four orphan toms last year and one was an original (9x13) Cadi Green tom complete with all the original gold hardware. A local painter matched paint from the original tom and the result is pictured below. I don't have a photo of the kit with the latest 9x13 tom right now......the paint is still curing and I don't want to put the hardware on it now.

I had the drums (shellpack = with the drum hardware only) on the market a few months ago - almost sold them locally but the deal did not go ahead. I was relieved to take them off the market at that time because I really do not want to sell the original drum - I paid a large chunk of change for that very rare drum alone. I since rounded up a 9x13 1953 3ply tom that was a rewrap complete with badge and all the hardware. That is the one I got back from the painter yesterday.....again, it was a match to the original finish and it looks great.

I can give more details of the 4 drums....the history that I know....if you're interested when and if I post it for sale. I will tell you here that I have close to $3,000 into the drums and I would not like to take much less than $2000 for the shellpack. The hardware and shells alone are worth that and more maybe. The paint job is over $1000.

The shells are 2214 1950 bd/9x13 1953 tom/1616 1953 tom/6.514 1951 snare.

The only drum that has extra holes is the floor - it was a tacked reso headed drum when I got it and I drilled it for a lugged reso head. I have a calfhide resonant head on the bass drum now and an EMAD batter. I also bought custom made bd inaly in Silver and Green in case myself or someone else wanted to switch out the Gold.

They're very nice drums and the 50's 3ply shells as you know are getting harder to find. P.M or email me if you would be interested in talking about these drums and I will keep you in mind if I decide to sell them in the near future. I am in the middle of a major move (house sale etc) to a new City and I'm pretty much swamped with packing and everything else right now so I may be a few months before I would think about selling the drums. Drum stuff is being packed and stored on a daily basis right now.

Good luck with your project!

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here