Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

Wanted - Crappy old yellowed WMP shell, any make

GOT ONE. THANKS Randy73 One of our Vintage Guru's for this ! Clapping Happy2

I will update on the Restoration link as I progress to give some insights of my trials/tribulations of this adventure.

Bet you have never seen a post like this before?

I am looking for a crappy yellowed shell in White Marine Pearl, unusable and one that you don’t have the heart to throw away. A tom is preferably in the 60-70's era. I am looking to hone my skills on part of it using Novus and a buffer as well as to teach myself how to use laquor thinner to bring it back to white, or close to it like Mark (aka Johnnyringo) and Jim Messina talk about on You Tube.

I figured if I burn through the wrap, I can use the shell to teach myself to rewrap drums. It’s all about learning something new every day!

I have a beautiful WFL WMP snare that I need to bring back to life and am afraid of ruining it so I want to practice and learn first before I do that one.

So . . . Anyone have a crappy old yellowed WMP shell they would like to sell for a low cost or donate so I can use it as a teaching aid? I will of course pay shipping.

Thanks

Michael

No Guru - I just love collecting & learning about vintage drums!

Some of my favorites from the kits in the collection
58 WFL New Yorker Blue Sparkle
67 Ludwig Hollywood Red Psychedelic
69 Ludwig Standard Red Ruby Strata
70's Ludwig BOP "Ringo" Kit

A few of my favorite snares
20's Leedy Black Elite
51 Leedy & Ludwig Knob Tension
58 WFL Buddy Rich Classic Blue Sparkle
63 Walberg & Auge Sea Blue Agave Green Pearl
66 Leedy Shelly Manne Blue Agate Pearl
Posted on 7 years ago

I'm your guy if you just cover the shipping. Feel free to shoot me a pm.

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here