Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.86430%

Wanted: Buddy Rich Model Snare

HI All,

Looking for a Slingerland 4x14 Buddy Rich Model snare, would like WMP, but chrome would also be nice. PM me if you have one to sell.

Thanks.

diddle001

Posted on 13 years ago

diddle001!...

Just to let you know.. ( and you may already know this too! ) .. the "chrome" Slingerland 4X14 Buddy Rich snare drum is actually COW.. ( chrome over wood ) .. it wasn't ever available in a chrome/metal shell, well not till much later actually when this model was being manufactured overseas and is clearly a cheap imposter! ( HSS era Slingerland ) Good luck in your search!

Tommyp

Posted on 13 years ago

Hi Tommy P.

Thanks for the info but I did already know that. I did hear you had a wmp molel in your collection... nice. Was that the drum you displayed at the Chicago show last year? If so, it was next to my Du-All.

Let me know if/when you may be selling that baby.

Thanks again.

Dave Brown

Posted on 13 years ago

Hey Dave!...

Actually, I have BOTH models and I lent them to David Anfuso for his Slingerland display at the Chicago Show this past May. So you did indeed see my WMP model, but you should have also seen my COW as they were right next to each other. Interestingly, both my WMP and COW Slingerland 4X14 BR model snare drums feature the EARLY 1969 black/gold badge.. ( making both these drums EARLY production ) .. and both feature factory Slingerland StickChopper hoops and no mufflers, EXACTLY as Buddy's were set up. The really neat thing is that both serial numbers are only a few hundred apart!.. meaning .. these drums were built pretty close to each other. What are the chances of that??!! LOL!! As far as selling:

Both these drums are in a dedicated Buddy Rich snare drum collection Dave. I have collected/restored EVERY snare drum that Buddy played between the years of 1949 and 1980. It has taken years to assemble this collection, and I'm pretty sure that it's one of a kind too. Thus, I couldn't sell either one of these as there would be a gaping hole in the collection/timeline. I have to say that I had an offer from a vintage drum dealer this summer for BOTH of them. His offer was for $2500.00... I declined. Not for sale currently... but one never knows! Regarding your search:

These are out there, but not in great numbers, and... everytime I see them for sale they go for BIG BUCKS, moreso for WMP and/or COW. The last one on eBay which was in Silver Sparkle went for close to $700.00!, and that wasn't even in a Buddy color. I'll keep an eye peeled for you though!

Tommyp

Posted on 13 years ago

Did they come with a 3 hole muffler as opposed to the standard 2 hole? Thanks.

70s Slingy WMP
70s Ludwig Standard Aqua Mist
60s Ludwig Champagne Sparkle Downbeat
and a whole bunch of snares and hardware
Posted on 13 years ago

cnw20!...

Nope... not that I have ever seen. I know the drum in question, and I thought the three holes a bit "suspect" truth be told. Doesn't seem like/isn't a Slingerland tone control hole pattern. I think it does indeed devalue the drum and take away a lot of it's desirability as well.

Tommyp

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here