Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Want to make an offer on this kit...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130219832082

I messaged him to see if what his reserve was and if he wanted to make a deal. He seemed into it, he wants to recoup what he's spent, but he isnt telling me what that number is. I could do without the Supra, and wouldnt want to tie up money in that, so he seemed to be willing to do it without. Theres a little communication gap as he's French Canadian.

Need some expert opinions on what to offer this guy.

Posted on 16 years ago

French Canadian!...My company held a sales mtg in Quebec many years ago because that is where the plant is located,however,most of the business is done in English speaking Ontario.While at the resort the staff at various restaurants and shops had a good laugh while pretending to not speak English. It only hurt them because when it came time to leave a tip,we tried to tell them what lousy service we received and that they didn,t deserve a tip...No harm done,since they couldn,t speak English. Beautiful drums there.Worth 8-1000 in good shape i,d say

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 16 years ago

I agree with Wayne on the price. Those drums seems to ebb and flow in value. Sometimes a Ludwig kit like that in those sizes can go up past $1500 on Ebay. It just depends on who wants it and what condition it is in. The kit you're looking at look to be in good shape despite the seam coming up on the bass drum. I'd say $800-$1000 as well. Don't go over that though....

:::Ryan B
Posted on 16 years ago

oh boy... after asking repeatedly for what he wants for just the oyster drums... I get this reply back today...

"i want 1600 for the 5 oyster shells ...

i just calculate the cash i spend on ...

ican keep my case and pearl hardware...

i paid 700 + 100 shipping on ebay just for the snare ...

i paid 600 for the rest of the kit + 400 in part ...

its for that i want minimun 1500 for the shell kit ...

tanx"

Still not sure what he's asking, but it's too much for me. I'd be a little timid bidding on this with the language barrier as to what is actually included in the auction...

Posted on 16 years ago

Those drums are actually called sky blue pearl and are worth much less than drums in an "oyster" finish. The lifting seam would but me too. I'm sure you could find a 22, 13, 16 Ludwig set for less than a grand, especially one that needs to be cleaned up.

Posted on 16 years ago

From Rich K.

I'm sure you could find a 22, 13, 16 Ludwig set for less than a grand, especially one that needs to be cleaned up.

Yeah that's what I am hoping for!

Posted on 16 years ago

'I overpaid, so I need to get X back to break even."

It looked ok until I saw the extra hole in the top of the bass for a newer mount. I bet it sounds good, but he can't expect collector's money for a player's kit.

Herb

Posted on 16 years ago

Yep, he overpaid. The auction only went to about 800, so I can only imagine how high his reserve is. If he was smart he'd clean that supra, put a tone control on it and sell it seperately.

He's relisted it, so I am curious how may times he's gonna list it and not get his price...

next!

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here