Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Want-80s Tama Superstar Throw-off and Butt plate

Hello!

I just acquired a mid-late 80s Tama Superstar snare. 8X14 in birch. The original throw off has been replaced with a Dunnett swivel throw off. I like the Dunnett, but would like to restore to its original state. Does anyone have one of these they’d be willing to sell? I’m not even sure what type of throw off these drums came with. I’ve heard they were called “Roller bearing” throw offs. This is the first Tama drum I’ve owned, so I’m not in the know whatsoever. Any help is appreciated!

See pics for reference-Thanks!

Posted on 4 years ago

Hi D-Rum!

The throw-off/strainer you're referring to was called the "Roller Action". I had a Superstar kit back in the very early 90's with a matching Cherry Wine snare drum. It had the Roller Action strainer system and I really liked it! Honestly, I don't see these come up very often on either eBay or Reverb. When they do, they are going for quite a bit! For someone to have this strainer and butt just sitting around might be a long shot...but...you never know what our members might have stashed away!

-Mark

Posted on 4 years ago

Thanks Mark! I’m in no rush, but hopefully one will pop up. From what I can tell they’re pretty big/bulky, which aesthetically I kind of like. The Dunnett will do fine for now. If anyone has one of these Roller Actions, get at me!

Posted on 4 years ago

I have a throw-off, but not the roller. PM if you're interested.

Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here