Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Vox Telstar Trixon Eliptical Bass drum head

Hey, new kid here. I just traded a 60's Slingerland jazz kit for a Vox Telstar kit. It has obviously been sitting for a long time. It's missing the bottom hoop on the floor tom and snare. It also needs the front head for the bass drum. Any info on where I could get parts and what this kit might be worth when I get it put together would be appreciated. Thanks

Posted on 12 years ago

Welcome to the forum,

You can try the vintage Tixon website www.trixondrums.de. Ingo may be able to hook you up with the parts you need. If not, keep searching ebay as things come up from time to time. Another forum member, Diamond, is the Trixon expert. He might be able to steer you in the right direction.

Dean

Posted on 12 years ago

Remo MIGHT still make heads,but you have to send the BD to make sure they get it right!

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 12 years ago

Photo's please of the Trixon set..As far as the head Yes Remo still makes them.It will take time for a new head to be made 2-3 months...Mikey

Posted on 12 years ago

[IMG]http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/138/19d96431688c43cbb06d464b5d124042/l.jpg[/IMG]

Crazy cool!

Posted on 12 years ago

Hello and welcome!

As others have already given you some advice, may I just say how cool drums you have and ask you about those drums on the left? Show us!

Sysl krysu nenahradi!

-196?-72 6ply White Oyster Amati
-1960s 3ply Red Sparkle Amati
- Zildjian, Paiste, Zyn, Istanbul

http://bandzone.cz/blueswan
Posted on 12 years ago

I've seen those heads & hoops in stock at stdrums.de

Cheers

Simo

Posted on 12 years ago

Higuywithg.a.s. ,

firstly welcome aboard..

your kit is a 67 in red croc TX 23, those snare drums are pretty rare too so you have a good looking kit mate..

hoops as already mentioned MAY be obtained via Ingo on the Trixon site, But do not come up very often, you can get the Tension screws and the Trixon badges too !

Elliptical Drum Skin

www.pergament-trommelfell.de/service.html-make drum skins

[email]info@pergament-trommelfell.de[/email] ask for Kerbs

www.stdrums.de ask for Gerd and see if he has the Ambassador white coated..used to cost 145 Euros

Remo. do them but you need to give them the exact size, some time mate

The snare wires are pretty rare, but do come up from time to time on this forum member Mikey had one about a month ago !

any problems give me a shout and i can provide you with e mails also..

Welcome

45/48 Slingerland WMP
51 Luxus WMP
56 Speedfire BDP
56 Speedfire WMP
59 Speedfire Aqua
59 Speedfire Red Sparkle
59 Deri Dixi Red Perloid
59 Luxus BDP
60 Luxus Black Silver
61 Luxus WMP
62 Telstar Blue Stripe
62 Telstar Red Croc
62 Telstar Gold Croc
62 Telstar Blue Croc
63 Luxus Gold Croc
64 Speedfire Blue Sparkle
64 Luxus Black/Gold Spots
65 Speedfire Gold Croc
66 Luxus Blue Croc
66 Vox Thunderbolt Silver Croc
67 Vox Telstar Blue Croc
67 Vox Telstar Red Sparkle
Posted on 12 years ago

Vox was distributed in the U.S.A. by The Thomas Organ Co., so when Trixon became financially involved with a Thomas Organ subsidiary(Rippen Pianos of Holland) for the purpose of cooperative materials purchases; Trixon drums began to be distributed under the Vox name in N.A.----this was around 1967.

Trixon drums were also previously under a distribution agreement with St. Louis Music Supply, so there were 2 competing identical drum lines in the U.S. under different brand names.

For Trixon , your kit was a Speedfire; for Vox it was a Telstar but the kits were identical . Since your bass drum was made after 1963 it takes the small Speedfire/Vox Telstar head. Ingo can order them for you from the German maker Stabil. These are fairly thin single ply heads, similar to a Remo Dioplomat and the shipping to the U.S. will be about 45.00. Since you are in N.A. a much better option is to order an Ambassador or other from your Remo dealer. They do make these heads for the small Speedfire/Vox Telstar. Call Remo and get a product # and then give it to your dealer ,to make it easy.

Posted on 12 years ago

[QUOTE It's missing the bottom hoop on the floor tom and snare.

Your snare drum doesn't have any wires? Trixon used very specialized wires made to go right across the head and beyond. Your drum had 26 strand wires with grey plastic ends and the gate in the bottom hoop is very wide in order to accomodate the 26 strands. Those hoops are reaally hard to find.

You can adapt to a more standard set of wires with snare cord and fit the drum with a hoop with a smaller snare gate.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here