Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Vistalite vs. DW

I am looking at possibly purchasing a blue vistalite set -- 22", 14", 16" 18"

no snare. for $1500

I currently have a 6 piece maple DW.

I've spent about $2000 on it and would hope for atleast $1500 for it

As far as I can tell, the vistalite set seems to be in good condition. all i have noticed is that a little bit of the color has worn off near the seam of two of the toms

Please let me know if you think the DW would be a fair trade or if the vistalite is actually worth less..? more?

thank you

Posted on 17 years ago

They are such completely different playing experiences that I strongly recommend you do not trade. I know everyone has financial and space considerations, but buying the kit outright rather than trading for it is best. They are both good drums but I personally would not use the Vistalite as my ONLY kit. They are loud and probably best suited only for rock. They are probably more likely to break if you drop them and the shells need more regular cleaning than a wrapped kit for them to look as they were intended.

Obviously this all IMHP.

Regards,

Gary

Gary

Dix Hills, NY

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee19/sabshga/

http://www.myspace.com/garysabshon

Posted on 17 years ago

That's good advice. I agree.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago

I was pawn shopping on my lunch hour today .... and ran across a set of Vistalite Tequilla Sunrise's sitting on the shelf in the pawn shop. Matching snare.

They are very cool drums. I would love to own that set of drums ... but the $2,500.00 Eye Ball Eye Ball they are asking is out of my price range.

I took a picture of them with my phone... that's as close as I'll get to owning them.

1 attachments
Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 17 years ago

Blue was the most common Vistalite color, and probably has the lowest re-sale value...the oversized toms are generally harder to sell as well...I'd guess your DW set is worth more than the Vistalites.

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here