Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

Vistalite inserts for hardware - missing!

Hi Everyone, my first post - I will have to get more detailed in the next about the hobby for me but I was hoping to get some help right off the get go here. I picked up a nice mid 70's Amber Vistalite that I wanted to freshen a bit. The kit has I want to say average 'wear' for it's age. Starting with the bass drum, all the hardware was removed for the polish and cleaning of the shell. Removing all this harware proved that there where no inserts between screw head and either lug or tom holder. Did some of these kits not have this insert? I read some place about the material being of Mylar...? I was thinking about perhaps hitting up the hardware store and finding something with the same thickness as the shell and using that for a 'crush' piece as opposed to the acrylic drum shell itself.

If of course I am over thinking this need, I hope one of you experts would please let me know!

I see the finger tighten/quarter turn on installing al the hardware is the prefered method?

Thanks everyone; appreciate your input!

Chris

Posted on 12 years ago

I have a bunch of the gaskets you're looking for. I'll have to count them to see how many I have. PM me and we'll work something out.

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your amber vistas! Great drums.

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here