Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Vistalite hardware questions?

All,

I've got a 2 sets of Vistalites, 1 which I cleaned up a few years ago for my son to start learning on and a new set that I'm cleaning up for him to have as his own and I have some questions about the hardware that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

First question: Is there a specific direction the floor tom mounts should be mounted such as with the script facing the same way on all 3 (and if so which way - g down or up?)? Does that direction also apply to the tom mounts for the non-floor mount toms as well?

Second question: I've managed to pick up a number of bass drum tom mount rods (short and long), but the L-rod brackets and bolts/nuts are not configured consistently. Does anyone have a picture of the correct configuration (nuts to the back? L -rod brackets above or below the rod bracket? Label facing out?)?

Third question: Can someone tell me when or where short bass drum tom mount rods were used and when or where long bass drum tom mounts were used?

Last question: I managed to pick up a 16" floor tom for my original set but it didn't come with any legs. Did the 16" floor toms come with 17" legs or 22" legs? Will either work?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Scott

Posted on 14 years ago

scott all the mounts you want to be able to read the ludwig script writing while standing in front of them or in other words the wing nut should be to the right side but will work either way!, the legs would or could be either of those lengths, 17" or 22"and either are fine!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks for the reply and information!

Interestingly enough, I did a closer inspection and on 3 of my 4 floor toms, the leg mount closest to the muffler faces the opposite way of the other two (Ludwig script up versus down). Seems to consistent to be by accident? One of the reasons I was asking about this was I purchased aftermarket legs for one of my original ones and they rub against the bottom rim so I didn't know if maybe there was a slight angle in the leg mount or not that would keep that from happening or if it was the fact that the knurl extends down that far.

I also checked out some of the ads on vistalites.com regarding the bass drum tom mount configurations and it would appear the nuts should go to the rear as I suspected, but there doesn't seem to be consistency with regards to the L-rod bracket being above or below as there are pictures with it in both configurations. Most of the ones I have are above so I think I'll configure them all that way with the nuts all to the rear.

Scott

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here