Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

Vistalite crack repair and Weld-On products?

Has anyone here used the Weld-On products for repairing cracks in Vistalites? We picked up a blue and white drum set (pattern F) which has had one crack repaired and also appears to have the seams on one of the top panels reglued as well.

I'm still taking it apart to assess whether it's usable or not but looking to some buy Weld-on product to possibly fix/reinforce the existing repairs based on information at VintageDrum.com. They reference Weld-On 3, 5, and 10 but it looks like they no longer make 5 and 10 and that perhaps they've been replaced by 4 and 16 (or at least 16 as 4 doesn't seem much different from 3).

If you've done any repairs, could you tell me which product you've used and for what type of repair, how much you used and what type of repair it was (length of crack?). I'm assuming a little goes a long way. Also, if you could tell me where you purchased it that would be great. I'm looking at TAP Plastics right now.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Scott

Posted on 14 years ago

Id love to bring this up again, as I got a Vista kit today that needs a seam crack repaired on the 16. It seems easy enough, but I just wanna know if anyone has used any of the products out there and maybe some tips on the process they went through. Im pretty sure Im going to do this work tomorrow and tonight I want to prepare! The rest of the kit is cleaning up NICE. Ill post some pics here in a bit.

-Adam

Posted on 12 years ago

Weld-On #1 (thin, runny) applied with a syringe for spider cracks or cracks out on the shell.

Weld-On #3 (thick, viscous) applied in a bead for seam repairs.

Do not remove clamps for seam repairs until adhesive has completely dried/cured.

There's an entire -recent- thread about vistalite repair, do a little searching. It isn't that old. There is more detailed info there.

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here