Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

vistalite and hercules stand pictures

what do you think of this set? what is it worth? How collectible is it?

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

A lot of "ifs" when it comes to Vistas. If the kit is crack-free it obviously is much more collectible than if not. Clear and Blue were the most common colors, and it is in a common (popular) configuration. Is that a 400 snare or matching vista? If it is a matching set, and it is crack free and free from majors scratches or gouges, I would guess that the set would sell anywhere from $700-$1000 considering that it includes the stands. That may be a little generous due to the market recently. I think Vistas are niche market, and one has to find the right buyer. I myself would prefer a less common color/ configuration (yellow, red, green, or patterned) with larger drums simply for collectability. They look pretty nice though.

Posted on 15 years ago

Hey thanks, there are no scratches in pristine condition came with the stands the snare is chrome with matching badges 10 lug. I noticed on e-bay the stands are not made anymore they sold for 40- 150 a piece so did the speed king pedal. I took a gamble and bought the kit for 1200 it also came with 2 large cargo cases and a set of 70's zildjian hi-hats 14" poss new beats and a 14" crash all sound amazing!!! hope I did good but have my concerns kind of new at this.

Posted on 15 years ago

From launchpad

Hey thanks, there are no scratches in pristine condition came with the stands the snare is chrome with matching badges 10 lug. I noticed on e-bay the stands are not made anymore they sold for 40- 150 a piece so did the speed king pedal. I took a gamble and bought the kit for 1200 it also came with 2 large cargo cases and a set of 70's zildjian hi-hats 14" poss new beats and a 14" crash all sound amazing!!! hope I did good but have my concerns kind of new at this.

Wow, sounds good! Congrats! They're loud!

Posted on 15 years ago

hey thanks the next problem is I want to sell them am I better off selling as a kit or piece by piece?

Posted on 15 years ago

From launchpad

hey thanks the next problem is I want to sell them am I better off selling as a kit or piece by piece?

While I would never encourage someone to sell complete a kit piece by piece (such a shame to break it up), you may need to in order to make a profit. You might want to sell the kit as a whole and piece out the hardware. You're close to the high end of the spectrum with the price you paid imo. It might be tough to turn a worthwhile profit in this weakened economy. You're better off holding on to it for a while.

Posted on 15 years ago

that's kind of what I was afraid of!!!!!! I put it on Craigslist for 1600 Michigan Detroit.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here