Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Vistalite age and value question - from web site

Dear Sir: I Purchased A 5 Piece Set Of Ludwig Drums About 10 Years Ago.(vista Lites) I Read Your Article On How To Estimate The Age Of The Drums. I Do Know That They Were Built After Oct. 1969 Because They Have The Blue/olive Parallelogram Badge.the Id #\'s Are As Follow:

12" Tom Tom 1584961

13" Tom Tom 1584967

16" Floor Tom Tom 1584964

24" Bass No # To Be Found ( However The Bass Matches The Rest Of The Set

14\" Chrome Snare N/a

These Drums Are In Very Good Condition And Has No Stress Cracks To Be Found. Please Estimate The Age And A Hi/low Value For Me.

Posted on 19 years ago

The color of the shell is very important when putting a value on Vistalites.

Based on your serial numbers I guess late 70's.

Most 4 piece Vistalites range from $300 up to as much as $2500 depending on the color and sizes. The higher end is usually the Tivoli lighted sets and Green and yellow Vistalites. I would gather your set being $300 - $500. The snare can be sold seperatly and condition is a big factor.

This is all speculation without seeing the drums and the actual condition.

Thanks

David

Posted on 19 years ago

thank you for the reply on the question (" what age and value of my vista lites?) as for the color, they are dark smoke color. and i paid $500.00 for the complete set, encluding all 5 sets of cymbals and stands. do they depreciate any? thx david

Posted on 19 years ago

You did well then, depending on the cymbals and if it is Ludwig hardware

Some of the stands sell for a good amount depending on what they are.

I think overall depending on the model and condition of the snare, the type of cymbals and hardware you did really good.

Yes, they will continue to appreciate in value. I once heard that the smoke colored Vistalites were Ludwigs answer to black drums of the late 70's and are not as popular then the other colors. Either way I like them and you have a nice set

David

Posted on 19 years ago
Action Another action Something else here