Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

vintage/modification/value

I have a rogers 1966 wmp kit no mods holes but it has bearing edge issues,12 tom has dip in the batter side bearing edge between 2 lugs like this ( but think u shape or smile , so does kick reso but not as severe,affects tuning at low tension and at higher tension those lugs are the first to detune,If I had the bearing edge re done how would that affect value, I have had the kit 10 years,no plans to sell at this point but you never know.kit is 12 mt cleveland 14 ft dayton 20 kick cleveland all holiday if that makes a difference

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Hi. Sounds like a nice kit. The reso edge on the bass wouldn't be much of an issue...but the batter on the tom would be, for resale value.

However, heck...if you need to have 'em recut, you need to have 'em recut. Just try to have it done to match the original Rogers edge profile. That's a little tricky, but not by any means super-difficult.

I mean we are talking maybe a $50 dip in resale value, not more than that.....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

If you have them done, get it done by someone who has great reputation. Lawton or someone in his class. Then, your hurt to value will be greatly decreased.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here