Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Vintage tama swingstar

So i found this vintage Tama Swingstar kit from early 80's but i really can't tell if they're power toms or standard.. Judging from what i can see with the screw spacing inside the shell, they look like standard depths but can't be sure ..What do you guys think ? Always enjoyed the Swingstars with the square type lugs,

and the fact that it's black is a bonus..

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-batterie-percussion/ville-de-montreal/drum-tama-complet/1176557620?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Posted on 8 years ago

Hello human71 My guess would be power not standard

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

I think they are power toms. You can take a look at my '82 Swingstar kit, with "standard" 12"x8" (shell on the floor), 13"x9" and 16"x16" toms.

[IMG]http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y341/joaojanina/Mobile%20Uploads/20160602_195833-800x450_zpsmtcwbr7n.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 8 years ago

Thanks to both of you for the response.. It appears you guys are correct..

JB , your drums look great ! There was a similar kit in metallic white finish in my local classifieds for a great price recently in great condition which i almost decided to pick up, but never pulled the trigger on buying it..

Posted on 8 years ago

From human71

Thanks to both of you for the response.. It appears you guys are correct..JB , your drums look great ! There was a similar kit in metallic white finish in my local classifieds for a great price recently in great condition which i almost decided to pick up, but never pulled the trigger on buying it..

Thanks. There's a thread with the restoration process in this forum. I will post in a few minutes the snare disassembled.

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here