Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Vintage Tama Superstars - Help Needed Quickly!!!!

Hi,

I've got an opportunity to pick up some vintage TAMA SUPERSTAR drums in what I believe to be the company's "Super Mahogany" finish.

First, let me say that I know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about non-American drums or kits, other than the minimal amount that I've looked up recently.

The drums being offered are a 12 inch rack tom and 14 inch and 16 inch floor toms. All three drums are in near mint condition (shells and finish) and come with their respective soft cases. The original legs are included with both floor toms, but no other hardware is included.

The gentleman who's selling them has them at a local music store on consignment. He told the store owner to "get what he could for them". As of this date, no offers have been received. I'm considering making some sort of offer but, due to my extremely minimal knowlege of TAMA drums, have no idea what might make sense. I certainly don't want to insult anyone, yet I don't have a good idea of what these might be worth.

QUESTIONS:

1. Was the "Superstar" model of TAMA drums considered their "high end" model in the 70s and 80s?

2. How do TAMA drums compare to vintage American-made drums from this era?

3. How hard would it be to find a matching bass drum in this model, finish and condition?

4. Any idea what might be considered a "reasonable offer" for the three pieces?

THANKS in advance for your help!

Posted on 16 years ago

I believe you can go to the Tama vintage site and get all those questions answered.They are Tama all the way there,and they have experts that are very helpful...They are high end drums,and very well built.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 16 years ago

THANKS, Wayne!

Shall do.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here