Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Vintage Stick Identification

Greetings,

I found two pair of these (new, old stock) at a Mom and Pop music shop.

Ultra thin and light. They don't appear to be oak, because they feel too light and not dense enough to be oak. Anybody know anything about them or the era they are from? I'm going to guess 70-s or maybe 80's?

It's a little hard to see in the photos. The gold foil lettering in Photo 1 says "Pro Mark G" and the lettering in Photo 2 says "Hand Made Japan".

Thanks!

V

2 attachments
138.1 kB
148.5 kB
Posted on 1 year ago

From vyacheslav

Greetings,I found two pair of these (new, old stock) at a Mom and Pop music shop.Ultra thin and light. They don't appear to be oak, because they feel too light and not dense enough to be oak. Anybody know anything about them or the era they are from? I'm going to guess 70-s or maybe 80's?It's a little hard to see in the photos. The gold foil lettering in Photo 1 says "Pro Mark G" and the lettering in Photo 2 says "Hand Made Japan".Thanks!V

They are D'Addario. They use Maple and Hickory. The Gold colored "foil", band, looks, Gold(au). They make weighted rear stick too. Yours look nothing like modern ones.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 1 year ago

Best I could find is on reverb, a vintage set bought new in the 70's and never used, in factory package. Looked some more, size G,.. not, nobody can figure out what the Pro-Mark G stands for. Those people can't spell, Gold(au)

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 1 year ago

From vyacheslav

Photo 2 says "Hand Made Japan".

I think that "Hand Made Japan" mean only hand made Japan... :D Isn't it?

1 attachments
Posted on 1 year ago

70s they had that logo and gold band. But I don't recall a "G" as a style or size?

I played Promark 707 "Ed Shaughnessy" oak I see those listed as vintage sticks. Same era.

Posted on 1 year ago
Action Another action Something else here