Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Vintage Sonor

Hi everybody,

I've got an appointment with somebody who is selling an vintage sonor set. It's actually only a bass drum and one tom, with a floortom from either a different brand or a different serie. There are also some old cymbals included.

The Sonor set doesnt't have a normal badge. The only badge is the Sonor Logo, the two mallets, wich are are quite big, and are just put there.

Does anyone know anything about these? What series they are or from wich time?

I can't post photo's since they are copyright protectet.

Sorry for my crappy english, i'm dutch.

Posted on 15 years ago

From Faquel

I can't post photo's since they are copyright protectet.

that's a new one...

myspace.jcymbal
youtube/jkcymbal
Posted on 15 years ago

From jcymbal

that's a new one...

I mean, they're on this auctionpage, and it won't let me download them because the site says they're copywrighted.

Posted on 15 years ago

http://link.marktplaats.nl/238789315

Ah, finally found the link. The site is in dutch, but the pictures are working.

Posted on 15 years ago

The bass and smaller tom are early 60's Sonor teardrops (1961 - 1964) and look to be in fairly good shape. They will be 3 ply beech with re-rings. The other drum is non matching and looks like a Premier. The hardware also looks like a mixed bag. The cymbals are interesting especially that ride with the huge bell.

These sets were sold in multiple configurations, one with bass drum/rack tom/snare, with no floor tom. Somebody has tried to add on another tom to make a larger kit and couldn't find a matching one. You would probably have a hard time finding a matching FT if you wanted to.

Its hard to tell on the wrap color. Probably WMP faded to yellow but hard to say for sure. You can tell actual date by a stamped date code inside the shells. 3 digit with the first identifying the year and the next two the month. For example 207 would be July 1962.

Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks alot,

I'm really anxious to see them in real life.

I aggreed with the guy who is selling them, to pay €100,- (130 dollars) for the entire set. This is no drummer. He found the set on the attic.

Even though it's a bit of a mixed bunch, it still a sweet deal right? xD

I'll let you guys no more when i've got them.

Does anybody know what the deal is with the cymbal with that giant cup? Or what that other cymbal is made of? Doesn't look like b20 to me, it being red and all.

Posted on 15 years ago

From the_drum_dad

The other drum is non matching and looks like a Premier.

That's actually an Olympic (made by Premier).

myspace.jcymbal
youtube/jkcymbal
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]The giant-bell cymbal is a cut-down old Paiste Stambul. NS12 alloy.

the big ones (22" and over...yes they were made) have those huge flat bells. The color is a giveaway that it's nickelbronze. probably no stamp on it any longer.

I don't think any of those cymbals are gonna be worth anything....

...the drums are kinda cool, but as has been said they aren't a full set...albeit individually they are solid drums.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

From Jaye

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I don't think any of those cymbals are gonna be worth anything.......the drums are kinda cool, but as has been said they aren't a full set...albeit individually they are solid drums.[/COLOR]

Even if they're not worth anything, and sound like ****, they still look nice on the wall.

I'm kinda hoping that the hi-hat turns out to be an old k or something. Not really likely though, i think. But a nice pair of 602's or stambuls would be nice too.

I think i'll just start looking for a floor-tom then. Here in The Netherlands, there is this guy, Piet Klaassen. He is like a drumguru or something. He owns a shop, and if you want anything old, or odd, you have got to go to him. Maybe he can help me get one. I'll just use my Ludwig snare.

Thanks for all the info, guys. Really helpful for a vintage-noob like me!

Posted on 15 years ago

I think 130 Euro is a good deal especially with all the hardware. You could turn around and sell it individually and get back most of your money. Someone might be interested in the Premier tom too.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here