Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

Vintage Slingerland set. need to know how much worth

I have a set of Slingerlands from around 1975ish that are in great shape and wondering what I should ask for them. would be listing on craigslist and marketplace for local sale only. includes a ride and two crashes but not stands. orig slingerland hi hat stand with cymbals. all as pictured. anyone able to provide me with an idea of what I might expect to get for this set? prob will need some new heads.

Posted on 1 year ago

few more pics

Posted on 1 year ago

What sizes are they?

Posted on 1 year ago

It looks like 13/14/18/24, and if you notice, there's a replacement lug on the 14" tom that's not Slingerland, but that's an easy fix.

Based on what I see, I'd say a realistic price is around $1200 or so. Slingerland drums are generally not in high demand at this point, according to leading dealer Steve Maxwell. The cymbals add to the value, but you can sell those separately.

I see a lot of Slingerland drums being listed by people with no knowledge of the vintage drum market, and they expect to get big bucks for them. They're ignorant or delusional, and they either wise up and drop their prices, or they refuse, and the drums sit unsold for months and even years.

There's some guy around here trying to sell a Champagne Sparkle Slingerland snare for $450 and he won't budge on the price. The drum has been on Craigslist for going on two years.

'23 DW Collector's, Black Galaxy: 13/16/18/22/14 sn.
'01 DW Collector's, Oyster White: 8/10/12/14/16/22.
'24 DW Performance, Gold Sparkle, 12/14/20.
'59-ish Slingerland Pink Sparkle, 13/16/22.

'72 Slingerland Red Tiger Pearl: 12/13/16/16/22.
'70ish Slingerland Merlot Sparkle rewrap: 13/16/24.

'68ish Slingerland rewrap: 13/16/22.

'69 Rogers Holiday, Red Onyx: 13/16/24
'67 Ludwig Burgundy Sparkle: 12/13/16/22.
'70-ish Ludwig Std, Burgundy Oyster: 13/16/22.
'69-ish MIJ Drum Mate: Peacock Pearl: 13/16/22.
'67-ish MIJ Crown, Red Sparkle, 12/13/16/22.

'67-ish,. MIJ Drum Mate, Blue Oyster, 12/13/16/22.

Posted on 1 year ago

From DrumBob

It looks like 13/14/18/24, and if you notice, there's a replacement lug on the 14" tom that's not Slingerland, but that's an easy fix. Based on what I see, I'd say a realistic price is around $1200 or so. Slingerland drums are generally not in high demand at this point, according to leading dealer Steve Maxwell. The cymbals add to the value, but you can sell those separately. I see a lot of Slingerland drums being listed by people with no knowledge of the vintage drum market, and they expect to get big bucks for them. They're ignorant or delusional, and they either wise up and drop their prices, or they refuse, and the drums sit unsold for months and even years. There's some guy around here trying to sell a Champagne Sparkle Slingerland snare for $450 and he won't budge on the price. The drum has been on Craigslist for going on two years.

Correct on the sizes.

Yeah, I had to put a diff lug on b/c somehow the one lug corroded and just broke in two pieces. very strange since none of the others did that. Do you have a good source for a replacement that isn't gonna break the bank? I saw something similar on Amazon and it was like $40 for a 10 pack I think. Ideally, I'd like to just get one for a small price. I already had to purchase a snare stand and hi hat stand since I'm using them for my edrum converted kit. Let me know about a good source for a lug that would match. And thanks so much for your input. Your estimate is actually higher than I expected. lol and besides, this was a hand me down set from my bro inlaw. He dn play anymore and told me I have officially inherited them. But I have no use for them since I have a giant acoustic to electronic kit I built using two Alesis strike modules. Yep, you heard that right. lol It's got 6 cymbals, 7 toms, 5 jam blocks, cowbell, and 6 rotos. lol, it's fun needless to say. Sorry a bit off topic. but you get the idea. thanks again.

Posted on 1 year ago

You can find replacement matching lugs at Drum Factory Direct for $3.33 each

https://www.drumfactorydirect.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_9_83&products_id=11954

What makes you think the drums are from 75-ish? The Set-O-Matic tom holder is their early version. I don’t know when they came out with the Super Set-O-Matic, but it was certainly before 1975.

Josh

Posted on 1 year ago

Hey Bp,

where are you located? Local sale only is very sensitive to access to metro areas.

John/levelpebble

John/Levelpebble

Tama Superstar 81 Aqua bop
Rogers Cleveland BDP (x2), Silver bop, Champagne, Black/Gold Duco, WMP, Blue sparkle; Dayton Red Onyx;
Camco Oaklawn 12 14 20 5x14 Tuxedo WMP
LW 59 SC Blue Sparkle, WMP
WFL Gold Sparkle SC, WMP Compacto
Gretsch 49/50 Broadkaster WMP
Fibes Copper Forte
Remo MasterEdge Bop, Gold Crown, Mondo
Slingerland Conway Black Satin
70's MIJ Del Ray, my first and fav ok I'm lying here
Way Too Many Snares, She Says
Posted on 1 year ago

I stand corrected: according to Rob Cook’s Slingerland book, the Super SOM was introduced in 1976!

Can you post some serial numbers?

Posted on 1 year ago

From jmcohen

I stand corrected: according to Rob Cook’s Slingerland book, the Super SOM was introduced in 1976!Can you post some serial numbers?

The serial is 143728 which per the chart seems to fall in that 1975 area I believe.

Posted on 1 year ago

From levelpebble

Hey Bp, where are you located? Local sale only is very sensitive to access to metro areas.John/levelpebble

I am in Central Bucks County in Warrington, PA which is about 45 minutes from Philly

Posted on 1 year ago
Action Another action Something else here