Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Vintage Slingerland deep style Snare Beds.

Hi Dr., I have a 5.5x14 Slingerland 3-Ply Artist Snare Drum that is from the 1970-1972 period, judging by the logo badge and the tan paint on the inner shell. This Shell has no snare beds at all! If there are any they are obviously very shallow. I would love to modify the Shell and have someone place those vintage style deeper snare beds that Slingerland's Radio King, solid shell Artist and 3-ply Artist snare drums had at one time. The great thing about those snare beds is the fact that the snare would never choke! Always a clean, crisp sound! Can you recommend anyone that you know of for this type of snare bed work? Any info would be great. Thanks again for your time and have a Happy Thanksgiving! Phil Cormier Fitchburg, Mass 01420

Posted on 17 years ago

[COLOR="Navy"]Phil:

Right, classic deep snare beds started to go out of vogue around the vintage days of your snare drum.

Please bear in mind that cutting snare beds would be a major post-factory modification and would drastically reduce the vintage and historical value of your drum. That may not seem like a big deal right now, but in a few years... just a thought...

I should think J. R. Frondelli would be a good guy to cut nice snare beds.[/COLOR]

http://frondelli.com/services.html

[COLOR="Navy"]DrCJW[/COLOR]

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here