Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Vintage "wrapped" Kit For Vintage Natural Maple Kit

Just thought I'd throw this out there to see what, if any, kind of response I'd get --

Wondering if anyone happens to have a vintage kit (Slingy, Rogers, Luddy, etc.) in natural maple that they might consider trading for a vintage "wrapped" kit?

Posted on 13 years ago

Doesn't seem to be a lot of 50's/60's natural maple vintage kits more so 70's/80's. I guess it depends on your definition of vintage.

Posted on 13 years ago

I've recently shifted my sights to natural wood kits, also. I've got a Mahogany and an Oak. I, too am seeking a Maple. My sights are set on a 70's Slingy or Rogers, though. Good luck in your hunt. This is a blast!

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago

From bmw2002

Doesn't seem to be a lot of 50's/60's natural maple vintage kits more so 70's/80's. I guess it depends on your definition of vintage.

Your point is well taken. I think that I'd be very happy to find some toms to go with this one, though.

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

From RogerSling

I've recently shifted my sights to natural wood kits, also. I've got a Mahogany and an Oak. I, too am seeking a Maple. My sights are set on a 70's Slingy or Rogers, though. Good luck in your hunt. This is a blast!

Thanks! I used to have a Slingerland mahogany kit some time ago (see pic) and loved the looks of that one, too!

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

From OldSchool

Your point is well taken. I think that I'd be very happy to find some toms to go with this one, though.

Mid to late 70's. Oh my goodness ... that drum is absolutely stunning. If you ever find toms perfect enough for that one ... wow. I've seen some 70's Maple kits over the past year, but they are usually wounded in one way or another. Your bass reminds me of a scene from a fairly famous Sci-Fi movie ...

The age of the individual is 45, but there are NO scars or imperfections from youth! It's as though he was born at this current age. No scars from riding a bicycle or falling down or even a single blemish!

That's your bass drum. Wow.

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago

Man, that is a nice drum. Although, I don't have any natural drums for trade, what wrapped drums are you willing to trade?

Posted on 13 years ago

hey Old School are you ready for a super RARE ROGERS KIT.....then check this one out............

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/drh/msg/2164812616.html

Posted on 13 years ago

I believe the inference is that of a Wild Wood kit. Ok.

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago

Somebody better jump on the Wildwood kit, super rare. The ones I have seen are faded badly. Something about the dye that was used to color them fades over time. Seems a bit high for a 67' kit, BUT really rare. Cash talks, maybe he would come down with it.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here