Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

vintage Premier kit question

Hi - I am new to the Forum and I hope to get some Information on a 1950s Premier kit I have. Bassdrum is 20" with a 14" Tom and a 16" floortom. The 14x6,5" Snare is what is listed as Snare model No.2 in the 1951 catalogue ( "Ace" ?)

My question is: there a no badges on the entire set. However there a no vent holes and no traces that there has been badges before.

Was that common ?

Posted on 7 years ago

Got any pics?

Posted on 7 years ago

Yes, this one. The Front muffler on the bassdrum was missing so I used a Late 50sbadge to Cover the holes.

1 attachments
Posted on 7 years ago

Someone here will be able to help you out, but what a nice set. Love the finish...takes years for a patina like that.

Posted on 7 years ago

Thanks - it Sounds great however the floortom is bad shape missing the hoop on the reso side,11 tension rods and lots of wrap on the back. But it's a cool kit with the calfskins on the Bassdrum and the floortom

The Snare is espcially nice, not in good shape cosmetically but it sounds a lot warmer than my SuperAce I have with my Late 50s "54" kit

Posted on 7 years ago

Do you need these..or..earlier ones?

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 7 years ago

Always posts upside down!..WTH? So,will take pics upside down....like this!

Posted on 7 years ago

Had to retake....

Posted on 7 years ago

The earlier type though I am not sure when they changed , my Super ACE alteady has this Badge and it is 1950s.

Do you sell these badges?

Posted on 7 years ago

Yes...might have 2....let me check..Have a Prem Slotted drum key also....

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here