Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.85804%

Vintage Premier drum kit - help with age and value please!

Hi, I have a vintage Premier drum kit that i think is either late 1950's or early 1960's. All the badges on the drums say 'made and reg'd in england' except the one which is on the right hand mounted tom (I believe this tom was added slightly later as the badge says 'made in england' and it has a different mount. (The drum looks almost identical to the other mounted tom but i know originally there was only one.) The cymbals say 'zyn' and 'super zyn'. It's in fairly good condition and has been played as a hobby by me for the last 10 years (was given it as a birthday gift). The drum shells are wood, i think the finish is a white/cream pearl. It also has 3 Premier hard cases with it.

As you can tell i don't know a lot about drums but here's a link to some pictures of the kit which will hopefully give you more info than i can!

I'd love to know what year this is from and as i need to sell it if anyone has any ideas of what it may be worth that would be really great.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Drum sizes:

Snare: 4in x 14in

Bass: 14in x 20in

Floor Tom: 15in x 16in

Mounted Tom (original): 8in x 12in (just over 11½in to be exact)

Second Mounted Tom (later): 8in x 12in.

Hi-hat: 14¾in

Both cymbals: 18in

2 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Can you list all of the drum sizes?

Very nice snare drum usually in the $200 - $400 range.

David

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Also a closeup of the badges, and of that tom mount assembly...it looks to be an older one, pre-70's definitely....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

all the hardware (lugs, tom holders) seems to be pre 1967.

myspace.jcymbal
youtube/jkcymbal
Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks for your help so far.

I've added drum sizes to my original post and would like to add some more pics but can't seem to do this and my original link to all my pics has been removed. How can i add more pics as requested?

Thanks.

Posted on 15 years ago

hi nice little kit there,

looking through some online catalogues i would say its 1960-1966

the 1959 kits had straight floor tom legs and from 1967 they changed the tom mounts.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here