Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Vintage Premier BDP early 60's Drum Kit found in a skip

Hi everyone found a premier drum kit in a skip with a hayman kit. The premier is 20x14 bass drum and a 12x8 tom. All the fitments for tom are undergoing a clean. Both bass drum mufflers are in great shape. All heads are on the drums chrome work is coming up great. I only found 2 drums. I also got a 1940's flush base premier hi hat stand plus 2 x flush base 50's cymbal stands and a matching snare drum stand. The stands not pictured but will get a pic of them all. Another interesting point is the drums were fitted with English Swivomatic pat pend mounts plus a Swivomatic pat pend cymbal mount complete with cymbal extension. If you look closely there are no other drill holes from factory fitted mounts. So i reckon the Swivomatic hardware was put on these from new. It was a lucky find not often this happens....Thanks....sean.

Posted on 7 years ago

Very nice!

For us Americans: What's a skip?

Posted on 7 years ago

From vyacheslav

Very nice!For us Americans: What's a skip?

My guess; a dumpster.

Posted on 7 years ago

With those drilling errors I would expect to find them in a dumpster too.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 7 years ago

Yes Dumpster... we use the term Skip Bin in OZ also..

Cheers

'77 Slingerland 51N,Super Rock 24,18,14,13.. COW 8,10 Concert toms
'69 Slingerland Hollywood Ace
'75 Rogers Dynasonic 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'77-78 Slingerland 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'78-79 Slingerland 5 1/4 x14 8 lug COB
'79 Biman 5 1/4, Acrolite
'82 Slingerland 5 1/4 x 14. Festival COS
'84 Tama MasterCraft Superstar 6.5 x 14, 10 lug Rosewood
'98 Slingerland (Music YO) 6" 10 Lug Maple.. NOS
Zildjian, Sabian , UFIP & Paiste mix.
Posted on 7 years ago

From longjohn

Yes Dumpster... we use the term Skip Bin in OZ also..Cheers

Thanks longjohn. Goes by other names in the US as well. Debris bin. Roll-off.

Posted on 7 years ago

From longjohn

Yes Dumpster... we use the term Skip Bin in OZ also..Cheers

Yes Sir

Never found a kit in a skip myself. Have you John? I've found the odd piece here and there on the street, amongst piles of rubbish. Once nearly a whole MIJ kit, just missing the FT. But no-one here ever chucks out a Premier kit though, no matter what ridiculous drill holes are in it!!

Posted on 7 years ago

From R.Adam McHugh

Yes SirNever found a kit in a skip myself. Have you John? I've found the odd piece here and there on the street, amongst piles of rubbish. Once nearly a whole MIJ kit, just missing the FT. But no-one here ever chucks out a Premier kit though, no matter what ridiculous drill holes are in it!!

Well there was a sidewalk Yamaha 80's FT last year... Have actually built a Nice sounding player kit around it...

Last year I spotted a ?? snare drum protruding from a huge pile of donated goods outside of our local Salvo's depot. This pile had not yet been sorted for sale, went in and asked if could have a look at it, so the woman came out with me.. I hauled it from the stack and below it was another drum a 12" tom... further delving & there was also a 14" FT.. The three are badged Olympic by Premier.. So for 15 Bucks I grabbed the three drums.. went back for the next three days to see if a BD would make an appearance but no go.. Anyhow found a 22'' BD on Gumtree for 30 Bucks incl a chain drive pedal.. A few minor repairs, lots of cleaning & polishing & My 8YO grandson has his first kit. This is hot off the press as he only took delivery on Friday & set it up in his bedroom only yesterday... cost was 45 plus some excess bits but to him a 1500 kit would be no more loved...

Oh and that little 14 FT sounds amazing..

Cheers

John

1 attachments
'77 Slingerland 51N,Super Rock 24,18,14,13.. COW 8,10 Concert toms
'69 Slingerland Hollywood Ace
'75 Rogers Dynasonic 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'77-78 Slingerland 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'78-79 Slingerland 5 1/4 x14 8 lug COB
'79 Biman 5 1/4, Acrolite
'82 Slingerland 5 1/4 x 14. Festival COS
'84 Tama MasterCraft Superstar 6.5 x 14, 10 lug Rosewood
'98 Slingerland (Music YO) 6" 10 Lug Maple.. NOS
Zildjian, Sabian , UFIP & Paiste mix.
Posted on 7 years ago

From longjohn

Well there was a sidewalk Yamaha 80's FT last year... Have actually built a Nice sounding player kit around it... Last year I spotted a ?? snare drum protruding from a huge pile of donated goods outside of our local Salvo's depot. This pile had not yet been sorted for sale, went in and asked if could have a look at it, so the woman came out with me.. I hauled it from the stack and below it was another drum a 12" tom... further delving & there was also a 14" FT.. The three are badged Olympic by Premier.. So for 15 Bucks I grabbed the three drums.. went back for the next three days to see if a BD would make an appearance but no go.. Anyhow found a 22'' BD on Gumtree for 30 Bucks incl a chain drive pedal.. A few minor repairs, lots of cleaning & polishing & My 8YO grandson has his first kit. This is hot off the press as he only took delivery on Friday & set it up in his bedroom only yesterday... cost was 45 plus some excess bits but to him a 1500 kit would be no more loved...Oh and that little 14 FT sounds amazing..CheersJohn

Nicely done! What a cool Grandfather...

I picked up a 5 piece DXP kit in a Vinnies the other week for $100. It was pretty rusty and grotty, but came with a Pearl Export snare which was in pretty good nick. The rest of the kit is no great shakes, but it came with a nice Pearl BD pedal, hats and snare stands, two cymbal stands and cymbals, albeit cheapo Paiste 302s, but the snare alone could fetch up to $100. So I don't think I did too badly.

And for our American and Canadian mates, Vinnies is the affectionate name we give to a chain of charity-run second-hand shops, kind of like the Salvation Army. Vinnies' proper name is St Vincent De Paul, but we Ozzies like to abbreviate...

Posted on 7 years ago

Jerry Jenkins found a whole 9-11 piece Blaemire kit in a "dumpster/skip" next door to his house in TO.

Thats the kit that got him started.

I thought maybe a "skip" was a trade/barter.

Trash finds are great.

BLAEMIRE DRUMS
Thanks to Mr. Jerry Jenkins
Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here