Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Vintage Premier 303 Drums 1972 Golden Sun

Going picking this kit up on saturday. As you can see it needs a few parts like 2 x tom hoops dampers internal washers. I have all the parts for this kit. Condition good for year some scratches and scuffs. The drums are wrapped in Golden Sun wrap. All shells are mahogany. BD22..FT16..TT12..TT14. Once the drums are finished they more than likely will be going up for sale. The rogers head on the resonant side will be taken off. Wont be needing that head on this kit. Correction this kit is the B303.

5 attachments
Posted on 5 years ago

Man, Premier just had the coolest finishes back then, didn't they....

Posted on 5 years ago

I agree with you about the premier finishes. There are a lot of people wanting the mahogany shells. This finish on premier drums even over here in the UK is getting very hard to find. Once the kit is finished even though wont be mint will definitely look and sound great.

Posted on 5 years ago

Wow! The Golden Sun wrap is gorgeous & so are the mahogany shells. & those 14 "pancake" toms kill me! Have fun restoring these. I hope you'll take them out for a spin before putting them up for sale.

1964 Ludwig Champagne Super Classic
1970 Ludwig Blue Oyster Super Classic
1977 Rogers Big R Londoner 5 ebony
1972/1978 Rogers Powertone/Big R mix ebony
60's Ludwig Supersensitive
Pearl B4514 COB snare ( the SC snare)
Pearl Firecracker
PJL WMP maple snare
Odds & Sods

Sabians, Paistes, Zildjians, Zyns, UFIPs, MIJs etc
Item may be subject to change!
Posted on 5 years ago

Love the finish on this kit! Quick question: Was the floor tom added to the kit? I ask because it's got different lugs than the rest of the drums.

Posted on 5 years ago

The kit is all original 1972. Floor tom lugs are the correct premier lugs. Not often you get a complete premier kit with sought after african mahogany shells in as good condition as this. This kit will look great and fully original once finished.

Posted on 5 years ago

Very cool wrap indeed!! Please post pics when finished...

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 5 years ago

Hi Grantro

Once its all finished inside and out ill post pics. Ive now got the drums and the wrap all round apart from odd play wear marks is in great shape. Ive already replaced hoops that were missing plus some rods were missing and dampers which i also have replaced. I have quite a lot of premier items so to do a kit like this for me is easy going. The sizes are 22x14..12x8..14x8..16x16. Plus a 2000 snare with some pitting and a lokfast snare stand......sean

Posted on 5 years ago

I,ve owned the same finish Prem kit and they are quite remarkable. Those AM shells are out of this world, and after all these years aging away, they are soooooo mellow by now.

I have an Oly kit with same shells...outstanding jazz drums!!!

One of you needs to buy this Prem kit when its on the market..good luck.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 5 years ago

Hi Wayne. As you all know i buy and sell also renovate to a high standard. I mainly work on premier hayman john grey olympic. As you mention the AM shells are great to play. An update on this kit. I now have all the correct parts for the kit. Every nut bolt screw etc etc is being cleaned to a very high standard. All the chrome fitments are also in top condition. Once all is done ill show the kit on the gallery. I will be selling it so if there is any interest then drop me a line. As a last note the wrap is in top cond each drum is in great shape just odd play wear marks etc etc. Ill give full description once it is finished and in the gallery for all to see.......Thanks.....sean

Posted on 5 years ago
Action Another action Something else here