Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Vintage Premier 2000 In Need Of Restoration

Well as you can see this snare drum was left in a garage for some years. I bought it either for parts or a restoration. The rods washers lug inserts and anything rusty will be soaked in the usual white vinegar. The shell looks like it might have to retire hoops lugs wires and complete parallel action unit seem ok. Ill postmore once i have the drum, these are the best pics i have. Thanks...sean

Posted on 7 years ago

From what I see the drum overall just needs a really good cleaning. As long as the shell is in round I'd keep it, clean it as much as possible and use it. Already has a pretty cool look to it. The interior doesn't look too bad, just some exterior corrosion.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 7 years ago

Might clean up fine. Its an early 70's example

Posted on 7 years ago

Every panel has bad chrome loss. Ive got a couple of the 2000 and 2001 snare drums in top condition. This one will be sold for parts. Its worse than i thought but i only paid £40 for it. I know that other people will need some parts.......Thanks

Posted on 7 years ago

The best way to probably sort that is to get the shell shot blasted and all the chrome removed, or brushed alloy is the way to go.

Posted on 7 years ago

Its mainly been sold for parts. The shell is absolutely not worth messing with. The rest of the parts have found other homes. Thanks.

Posted on 7 years ago

Most of the parts were sold in the USA plus Australia. Its helped to complete 5 other premier 2000 snare drum to their former glory.

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here