Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Vintage pearl overpriced ?

Saw this kit on my local classifieds.. I think it's a little over priced for vintage Pearl, seeing as how there are extra holes and mods done to the kit, and what looks to be a Yamaha tom mount on the kick, and a gaping hole in the tom shell.. Seller mentions that the set comes with original snare, and that he took pics of the interiors to show that he was completing "restoration" and will post pics when completed.. He also says that the hoops show plenty of wear as well..At $375 Cdn, i think it's a overpriced, and he'll have a hard time getting rid of it ..

I personally wouldn't pay more than $150 in that condition..

What do you guys think ?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-batterie-percussion/ouest-de-lile-qc/vintage-pearl-script-60s-4mcx-match-avec-badges/1075128398?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Posted on 9 years ago

I think you're correct...overpriced! I sold a beautiful 1968 Pearl 4pc, that included a matching snare drum, for $300 US. A very nice kit with no mods at all!

-Mark

Posted on 9 years ago

That's exactly what i thought.. I'm going to see this ad in the next month brought down to the true mentioned price..

Posted on 9 years ago

WAY overpriced. With that gaping hole in the shell, I wouldnt pay more than $175.

Posted on 9 years ago

Mods don't de-value a kit to me. If you're a "collector", I get it. All my vintages set's are player kit's, so if it has worth while mods that I would do, then it saves me time and money, it's value to me.

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here