Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Vintage Pearl Kit

Hello to all my fellow enthusiasts. Here's the latest addition to my drum children. Found it on Ebay (where else) but it was a local pickup only. A six hour drive from my home, which I thought about profusely, but I had an uncle who was visiting the Phoenix area and was kind enough to pick it up for me. Today I am meeting him in Las Vegas for a couple of days of debauchery and then we drive back to my house for the holidays! $200.00 bucks with cases, I got other pictures and this kit looks like it's in real good shape. They have the Pearl oval badge with the red P, which makes them late 50's I'm guessing. 20 x 14 bass, 12 x 8 tom, 14 x14 floor tom, 14 x 5 snare, plus two unknown cymbals, cymbal and snare stand and drum throne. What do you all think? Bargain or bust?

[IMG]http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/8876/pearldrumsetvm9.jpg[/IMG]

backbeatkeeper

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 17 years ago

I think you did pretty good. Although not considered "Valuable" the odd color early kits attract attention. I like the early Pearl drums and have had a few over the days.

Depending on condition of the snare drum and if it is an 8 lugger the snare should sell for between $100 and $175

I wonder if the cymbals have a decent sound...

David

Posted on 17 years ago

I'll tell you more when I get them. It was an impulse buy because of the cases included and the other goodies. Don't know what brand the cymbals are, but I've seen pictures, the ride is keyholed a bit, the crash looks cheap. All interiors are gray and the wrap is tight on all according to the seller. I think with the price of american made drums going through the roof, imports are going to be chased next, who knows? Will post more pictures and comments this weekend.

backbeatkeeper

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here