Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Vintage Ludwig Questions

I've got a few questions regarding vintage Ludwig snares that I have no doubt you Ludwig "gurus" out there will be able to answer so........here goes:

1. Did Ludwig ever use a muffler system in the 50s or 60s on its snares that called for three horizontal holes to be drilled in the shell, with the hole in the middle of the three being the largest? If so, was it a "dial tone" muffler system, a "baseball bat" muffler system or something else?

2. Did Ludwig ever place its Keystone Badge serial numbers BELOW the grommet on its snares?

THANKS in advance for your help!Walking

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

1. Did Ludwig ever use a muffler system in the 50s or 60s on its snares that called for three horizontal holes to be drilled in the shell, with the hole in the middle of the three being the largest? If so, was it a "dial tone" muffler system, a "baseball bat" muffler system or something else?2. Did Ludwig ever place its Keystone Badge serial numbers BELOW the grommet on its snares?

1. No, I don't think so. I've seen 70's Vistalite snares with 3 horizontal holes for a dial muffler, but 50's and 60's snares had two vertical holes, both for dial and baseball bat mufflers.

2. Modern day Monroe, NC badges are the only Keystone Badges I'm aware of that have serial numbers below the grommet.

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here