Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.25887%

Vintage Ludwig Marching Snare Help

[Attachment: 8252]ATTACH]8251[/ATTACH]

Greetings everyone. I would like some help identifying a Ludwig marching snare. My dad bought it when he was a sop****re in high school back in 1936 in Ramona South Dakota. He worked after school in a state funded program that kids could work at the school to earn money for school activities like band or sports. He really doesn't know too much about it other than he earned $6:00 in order to buy it. He had it stored away for many years and now that my son is a snare drummer at his high school, my dad gave it to him. I've attached some pictures of it. The heads were sighned by my dads fellow band mates in Ramona but they are both torn and we are going to leave it like that. If anyone has any information like what year it might have been built for my dad said it was used when he got it, would be appreciated. I have more pictures if needed.

Thanks

Posted on 15 years ago

Hello!

The main web site has an archive of Ludwig Snare Drum Catalog Pages going back to 1911.

This is the place to start the research.

The best part is the family history of the drum and the story that goes with it!

David

Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks for the lead. By looking at all the marching drum pages and trying to see the logos and emblems, I think it's a 1929 Junior Parade Drum 8" x 13".

I spoke with my dad a little more about how he was able to buy it. The program he was involved in was the National Youth Authority. He cleaned 2 class rooms, 4 nights a week for $6.00 a month. He told me was was so happy to buy that drum and that it took a whole month to due so. It's missing 2 thumb screw rods but it has the original strap.

Thanks again for the advice.

Dave O[Attachment: 8256]

[Attachment: 8257]

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here