Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Vintage Ludwig Kit - Ride Cymbal Arm Question

Hi there,

I just bought this new kit a few days ago and I am wondering what type of ludwig ride cymbal arm I should get if I want to keep the kit vintage. This kit is stamped June 68. Also what is the exact name of the arm that goes on the drum kit? thanks dave

1 attachments
Posted on 18 years ago

Search for a Ludwig Cymbal L-Arm on Ebay

David

Webmaster

Posted on 18 years ago

Yes. You could also try key words like "telescoping cymbal arm" "bass drum mounted cymbal arm". I see these come up on Ebay quite often. They can be pricey if they are in excellent shape -maybe $100 -$150 for a complete unit.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 18 years ago

Hi Dave, I'm not entirely sure about this, but Ludwig has currently been doing re-issue kits, so there might be the possibility that a current, new Telescoping L-Arm ordered from ludwig through a dealer might work in your application.

Like I say, I'm not sure about the Rod Diameters between new, and vintage. and whether a new Rod will insert into your bass Drum Cymbal Arm mount?

I'm sure calling a good, knowledgeable ludwig Dealer, perhaps someone like the Drum Pad in Palatine, Illinois would know. Lots of good, knowledgeable, helpful people there. (Perhaps someone here knows the answer to this?)

I don't have personal knowledge of exactly where in the country you live, but there are Vintage Drum Shows all over the US, and coming this spring, there will be the large Vintage Chicago Drum Show, usually held in St Charles, Ill. Others would be the PA Show, and there's also a Hollywood Show, plus many others across the country.

Literally hordes of people travel clear across the country to attend these shows, and they are tons of fun. Drum Celebrities usually attend, as also many vintage collectors, and dealers.

You should be able to acquire the proper time correct parts for your set at these shows. There are always lots of snare drums, and cymbals too at these shows.

mark

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here