Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

Vintage Ludwig Bass Drum

Hi

I am a vintage clothing dealer and I know absolutely nothing about drums (though I do like drummers!). However, I was at an auction in Southern Maine a few months ago and couldn't resist buying this older Ludwig bass drum.

I'm planning on listing it on eBay, but would like to know a little more about it before I do so. In doing some research for the piece, I came across this site, and it seemed like a good place to get a clue about what I have.

I do know it's a bass drum, that it lacks the badges, and that the heads (what are left of them) are cowhide. Otherwise, I am completely in the dark.

Any insight about the age and history of this drum would be greatly appreciated, as would any suggestions about what type of information I should include in my description.

Drum Pictures

Thank you!

Susan

Posted on 18 years ago

Your drum is probably from the mid '20s. Unfortunately, vintage bass drums don't bring very much on ebay, even if they're in real nice condition. (And shipping is a pain due to the size!) I'm guessing your drum will bring about $100. Rich

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here