Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

vintage ludwig 400 supraphonic

Hi.can Anyone Help?this Is My First Post So Be Gentle! I Have Purchased A Ludwig 400 5"x14" Supraphonic Snare Which I Am Told Dates To 1963,the Keystone Badge Has A Serial No.1505.it Appears To Have The Original Snare And Batter Heads,ludwig Weather Master,but The Snares Are Damaged,where Can I Get Them,and What Other Measures Can I Take To Ensure I Have A Genuine 'classic'? Thanks,andrew.

Posted on 18 years ago

Quoted post

Hi.can Anyone Help?this Is My First Post So Be Gentle! I Have Purchased A Ludwig 400 5"x14" Supraphonic Snare Which I Am Told Dates To 1963,the Keystone Badge Has A Serial No.1505.it Appears To Have The Original Snare And Batter Heads,ludwig Weather Master,but The Snares Are Damaged,where Can I Get Them,and What Other Measures Can I Take To Ensure I Have A Genuine 'classic'? Thanks,andrew.

4 digit serial number ? 63 sounds about right . Mine is a 67 with a 6 digit serial number - 4XXXX .

If you want an original set of wires from the 60's they show up on Ebay now and then .

1963 Gretsch Progressive Jazz Champagne Sparkle
1967 Ludwig Super Classic Oyster Blue Pearl
Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute Burgundy Spkl. bop
etc...
Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here