Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Vintage-like Cob Drum Hoops?

Has anyone here bought or tried COB Stickchopper hoops?

I have a 58 Gretsch kit with the original (die-cast) stickchopper hoops. The floor & rack toms have the original die-cast hoops - not stickchoppers.

I was thinking about having all the hoops re-chromed. But today I was looking at new COB stickchopper hoops and I thought I'd ask around to see if anyone here has bought and used them - and if so - were/are you happy with them.

Thoughts?

They can be found here:

http://www.willoughcraftdrums.com/hoopssc.html

Posted on 14 years ago

From Kona

Has anyone here bought or tried COB Stickchopper hoops?I have a 58 Gretsch kit with the original (die-cast) stickchopper hoops. The floor & rack toms have the original die-cast hoops - not stickchoppers.I was thinking about having all the hoops re-chromed. But today I was looking at new COB stickchopper hoops and I thought I'd ask around to see if anyone here has bought and used them - and if so - were/are you happy with them. Thoughts?They can be found here:http://www.willoughcraftdrums.com/hoopssc.html

kona, i know this dealer, they have been in the vintage game a long time, their rims are top notch, try this the set they sell doesn't cover your whole kit so order the one size they don't, and sound file it for yourself?? one with OEM and the other with brass! then lay your case out before the court!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

From vintagemore2000

kona, i know this dealer, they have been in the vintage game a long time, their rims are top notch, try this the set they sell doesn't cover your whole kit so order the one size they don't, and sound file it for yourself?? one with OEM and the other with brass! then lay your case out before the court!!

Yes - I've bought a number of items from Cherie - she's been a very good source for the restoration I recently finished. I thought I'd test the waters here too - just to see if anyone has actually used the COB stickchoppers and to get some feedback - other than the seller - before I go ahead and buy them.

The hoops that came with my 58 Gretsch are pretty good...almost no pitting, a few rubs and scratches here and there. But - man - they're 50 years old and have had some abuse in that time. I just thought it would be pretty nice to have stickchoppers all around - nice shinny new ones too.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here