Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

Vintage ID please

This is an old Ludwig pedal that I'm trying to ID. Is this a predesessor to the Speed King I would imagine? Can't find any photos of it.

The hi-hat is also a mystery. No labeling on it. Anybody know what it is?

Thanks, Jim B

2 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

The bass drum pedal is know as the "Universal" Speedmaster made from 1959 to 1974. There is a pedal that is like yours but blue, that model is reversible made only from 1959-1963. The hi-hat is a Ludwig Model #942 made from 1928 to 1937. Nice vintage equipment you've got, make sure someone who can appreciate it gets it.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 16 years ago

Thanks for the info Backbeat. The fellow that I got this kit from is the only owner and bought them new in 1958. Do you think he may have added the pedal later or could it possibly be older? I'll have to ask him if it was bought post 1958 or not.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

Posted on 16 years ago

That pedal usually came with Ludwig clubdates. They also came with cocktail drums as the pedal is reversable and will strike upwards. The hi-hat looks like a walberg and auge. That's just a guess though.

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here