Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Vintage gear in OZ

G?day everyone from Melbourne, Australia. This is my first post, I?ve really enjoyed reading and learning everything vintage drums on this forum. So much so that it has inspired me to pull apart my beloved 1965 silver sparkle (yellowed) Ludwig kit that I picked up around 8 years ago and give him a thorough cleaning. Does anyone know what model or line of hardware came with these kits in 1965? I have the original ?spur lock? hi-hat stand but am having heaps of trouble tracking down the snare stand and a cymbal stand, anyone know what price these fetch in good nick?. If anyone else is from Australia here drop me a line. You guys in the US sure are lucky to have such an abundance of vintage gear.

Posted on 17 years ago

Hi there,

I'm from Australia - I just live in Stockholm. Although I had a mid sixties Ludwig ages ago, it didn't come with the original hardware so I'm a bit vague on that. Presuming it was the puny stuff you see in every Beatles live photo. I'll bet some trainspotter at Billy Hyde's or similar has an old Ludwig catalogue you could take a squizz at.

Cheers,

David (ex-Sydney)

Posted on 17 years ago

I have the stand. A WFL with the legs flush to the floor. The basket adjusts by one arm moving in and out and the tilt is adjusted with a ratchet style locking system. I don't use it. If you can't find one locally, make me a fair offer. I have no idea how much it costs to ship to Aus (I'm in the US). But it's an option for you.

I don't think that they would be that rare, but who knows.

If you need pics. Give me an email address and I will forward. I don't know how to get my pics small enough to fit on this site.

Regards,

Gary

Dix Hills, NY

Gary

Dix Hills, NY

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee19/sabshga/

http://www.myspace.com/garysabshon

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here