Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.05846%

Vintage Fibes

I found this vintage Fibes kit. According to the owner of this kit, it is from the 70's and all original. I can buy this kit for a very good price but wanted to know what you guys think? What would be the value of the kit? Is this a good collectible kit? Does it appear to be original?

2 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

looks to be a rewrap in Jammin Sam's Mod Orange. Fibes never had a Mod Orange wrapped finish. Also, look at how the bass drum badge is all ratted up. Evidence it has been removed and put back on (and a crappy job too!)

Posted on 15 years ago

Funny, a drummer I saw last night, just bought a set of Blaemire f/g drums that are newly wrapped in the same color. Same sizes too I think. I don't know what he paid, but I doubt if they were very cheap.

Posted on 15 years ago

Yeah, safe to say Fibes never offered that wrap & hoping that's not over a clear kit.

The cymbal mounts look to be floor tom mounts drilled in there.

The tom mount is off centre, not sure about that, there should be another one off centre beside it, or just the mount in the centre. The other one maybe filled in and wrapped over? Can't tell.

Doe'snt look like origional Ludwig Mod Orange wrap. Hard to tell.

I'd say the Blaemire kit is an entirley different animal, and would warrant more dough.

If you like the kit, check it out. Fibes do sound good, and you probably wo'nt see another one like that.

Posted on 15 years ago

A little late to this thread, but here's a pic of that Mod Orange Blaemire kit built by Jerry Jenkins.

1 attachments
"Failing to prepare, is preparing to fail". John Wooden

Blaemire / Jenkins-Martin drums.

http://www.jenkinsmartindrums.com/
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here