Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.05846%

Vintage drums!

Hi! I recieved a tip that this forum would be the right place to ask when it comes to identification of vintage drums.

I bought the drums last year from a friend and I didn't care about if they were worth anything because I'm not really a drummer.

But now when I'm unemployed and doesn't have anyting better to do I decided to investigate about the drums and if they have any interesting history or value.

I took some pictures:

3 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

From Johsn

Hi! I recieved a tip that this forum would be the right place to ask when it comes to identification of vintage drums.I bought the drums last year from a friend and I didn't care about if they were worth anything because I'm not really a drummer. But now when I'm unemployed and doesn't have anything better to do I decided to investigate about the drums and if they have any interesting history or value.I took some pictures: http://s675.photobucket.com/albums/vv111/johkva/

They DO have interesting value as a historical piece, however I doubt they'd get to much as cash value, especially with the "upgrade" of the Ludwig mounts.

Although the Ludwig mounts may have been better than the original mounts it's ruined the vintage value of the kit with the holes that had to be put in the shells, especially on the kick drum.

I'd suspect the snare would be of value if it's all original, it LOOKS like it's of good quality, and it may fetch a pretty good amount all by itself as an eBay item. As a full kit it may get anywhere from $50 to $500 dollars, depending how much someone wants it. I'd venture a GUESS as maybe $250 tops though.

Maybe some other members here have more of an insight on the Beverly name and how it stacks up as a saleable and historical item.

Things to share
Thanks are implied
You are always welcome
Listen To BONHAM here!!
ViperSpace
Posted on 15 years ago

I agree. That's a pretty far assessment of the kit. The range is wide on more specialized kits like Beverly -which were never really popular, here, in the USA. But, there are certain collectors of such things in the world and if they want it ,then the price could be on the high end. However, as mentioned, the collector-value of the kit greatly depends on originality. And the addition of the Ludwig mounts kind of puts the value to a collector on the low end. That's my guess, anyway.

The snare is an interesting and pretty obvious play on a Ludwig Supra. That might be of some value.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

http://vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=7796[COLOR="DarkRed"]...I knew they looked kinda familiar....

I dunno....Beverly used birch shells with re-rings; theyw ere good drums, albeit somewhat obscure on this side of the pond...IMHO, that kit, even with the after-market Luddy mounts, is worth more than $250...particularly if the wrap is in decent shape. I'd say $350-500.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

From Jaye

http://vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=7796[COLOR="DarkRed"]...I knew they looked kinda familiar....I dunno....Beverly used birch shells with re-rings; they were good drums, albeit somewhat obscure on this side of the pond...IMHO, that kit, even with the after-market Luddy mounts, is worth more than $250...particularly if the wrap is in decent shape. I'd say $350-500.[/COLOR]

Jaye, I think you having first hand knowledge of the way they sound gives an inflated worth to the kit in question. I'm sure if it was more common knowledge there would be those willing to spend that amount. I don't see that being the case, but really, all you need is two people in a bidding war to capitalize on it, but IMO that's a long shot and not very realistic. But you NEVER know!!

Things to share
Thanks are implied
You are always welcome
Listen To BONHAM here!!
ViperSpace
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here