Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Vintage Drums? (I have no clue who made them)

I’ve recently just joined your forum and would love to find someone who can help me identify the drums I have, in the attached pictures. The badges on these drums have been removed, so I’m afraid I don’t even know if they’re Ludwig’s or what. The drum sizes are 12” tom, 13” tom, 16” floor tom, 22” Bass Drum. The snare doesn’t match the set, as I bought it separately. So, probably not much help there. I know this is probably a fruitless effort, but I figured I would try.

The pictures will hopefully be up on these shortly. I've emailed them to [email]vsd@vintagesnaredrums.com[/email], to ask to get them posted.

Posted on 13 years ago

Why didn't you post them here?

Posted on 13 years ago

Picture added of kit. Sorry this took so long, but I was sick for a bit.

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

They're no name japanese made probably by Pearl drums. Late 60's early 70's with the rail style tom mount? Nice drums! Not worth alot, up to $300.00 but sound good IMO. I also see you've already named your pic "Pearl Stencils".....

Posted on 13 years ago

Ahh. cool. I appreciate that. I think they're nice, too. I was told that they were a Japanese Stencil Kit, which is why I just went with that. I gathered they were Pearl stencils, by looking at the lug designs and comparing. Plus, the lugs on the kit match the Pearl Chrome snare that's with kit right now.

I'm going to sell them, though, because I just found a kit that I've fallen in love with and bought. A 93-94 Ludwig Super Classic kit in Mahogany finish, 10" 12" toms, plus 13" & 14" floating toms and a 22" bass drum. I added a 70's era chrome over wood Ludwig snare to the kit and my set of Zildjian A custom cymbals. So, I'm all set. Anyway, thanks for the help!

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here