Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Vintage drumguide main site issues?

Anyone else been having problems with the main webpage? Everytime I try to go there, seems like my computer starts crunching away and won't do anything else......page shows done but with script errors at the bottom of the browser page. Anyone else experiencing this? Its not my machine as I tried it on a different machine today and with a different IP also......same results.......been happening since yesterday....webmaster has been PM'd.....

Posted on 15 years ago

Yep, me too.... seems OK so far today for me though

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago

Odd question...but have you checked your personal computer for the

conficker virus? It has a bit of the behavior your are describing. All you need to do is go to this website and it will check it for you. I'm on the up and up. I used to do this gig full time before I started the teaching thing.

http://www.confickerworkinggroup.org/infection_test/cfeyechart.html

Let me know what you see. Thanks.

Posted on 15 years ago

From mcjnic

Odd question...but have you checked your personal computer for the conficker virus? It has a bit of the behavior your are describing. All you need to do is go to this website and it will check it for you. I'm on the up and up. I used to do this gig full time before I started the teaching thing.http://www.confickerworkinggroup.org/infection_test/cfeyechart.htmlLet me know what you see. Thanks.

No problems found. I've been PMing David most of the day and it seems to be fixed now. Thinking it was a script error loop occuring.

Posted on 15 years ago

This was a server side issue..

At first I thought it was with the forum and checked my files. I had two people check also to see if the forum had problems.

I did not realize it was the vintagedrumguide.com

Last night it was acting very sluggish so I did a server reboot thinking the memory was running low.

So, today after looking closer at the actual pages someone did change the files and add some phishing script to the .html pages.

It has been trouble free for 8 years and unfortunately as sites grow the hackers try and install these scripts.

There is not a server that can't be hacked or breached including our very own government or larger web site. Some companies have been brought down by these idiots.

I changed the passwords and will keep a sharp eye on things.

Thanks to Ludwig-dude for letting me know, we had 5 or 6 PM's back and forth to see if it has been fixed.

Last report is that the problem is resolved.

David

Posted on 15 years ago

From Webmaster

This was a server side issue..At first I thought it was with the forum and checked my files. I had two people check also to see if the forum had problems.I did not realize it was the vintagedrumguide.comLast night it was acting very sluggish so I did a server reboot thinking the memory was running low.So, today after looking closer at the actual pages someone did change the files and add some phishing script to the .html pages.It has been trouble free for 8 years and unfortunately as sites grow the hackers try and install these scripts.There is not a server that can't be hacked or breached including our very own government or larger web site. Some companies have been brought down by these idiots.I changed the passwords and will keep a sharp eye on things. Thanks to Ludwig-dude for letting me know, we had 5 or 6 PM's back and forth to see if it has been fixed.Last report is that the problem is resolved.David

Yes, it seems to be resolved as of 4:30pm eastern time today. Thanks to David for listening and not thinking I was some screwball.....LoLoLoLo

I had a feeling it wasn't my computer at home when it did the same thing to me this morning on my computer at work, especially when they are on different IP's.

I guess some idiot had nothing better to do than hack the drumguide page......exactly what was to be accomplished there? Fortunately I didn't let the "Microsoft Add-on" run....who knows what kind of info they might have gotten! Plus being firewalled should have helped, so hopefully they got none of my personal info, especially since I entered no info after it started.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here