Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Vintage Drum Shop of New York

Page 86 of Chet Falzerano's Gretsch Drums book shows snare drums from the Vintage Drum Shop of New York. Does anyone know if this place is still in existence? I am a NJ drummer who is always in NYC and the only place I know for vintage drums is the Manhattan Drum Shop (attitude at no extra cost).

I would love to visit this place if it is still in existence. Anyone with info please let me know, or if you know of any other NYC shops with vintage gear (OTHER THAN Manhattan Drum Shop) please post as well.

I know Drummer's Word has been known to carry some vintage stuff from time to time as does The Modern Drum Shop (Joe Cusatis's place). Both are GREAT shops and I highly reccomend them , but they are not really vintage shops.

http://www.pkdrums.net
Posted on 17 years ago

Actually I'm in New York too and interested to hear the same as the above.

And while I'm here am transporting an 18" tom back to Sweden when I leave. Soft cases are just not gonna cut it, are they? Any tips on sources for cheap (ideally second hand - sorry, vintage) fibre cases or similar?

DR

Posted on 17 years ago

The places I mentioned above have great new cases that will get the job done. I esp reccomend Drummer's World, altough The Modern Drum Shop has nice custom made cases that will work fine as well. Sorry I can't help with the "vintage" aspect of the cases.

Posted on 17 years ago

I've heard only bad things about the Manhatten Drum Shop and Nodar Rode so I keep away from there. I live in Kingston though so I haven't checked out any NY drum shops.. yet.

Harrison
Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

I've heard only bad things about the Manhatten Drum Shop and Nodar Rode so I keep away from there. I live in Kingston though so I haven't checked out any NY drum shops.. yet.

Let's just say I don't recommend the place/him. I have been there once, and will probablly never go back. That is one of the reasons I am looking for this "Vintage Drum Shop of New York", if it still exists.

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

Page 86 of Chet Falzerano's Gretsch Drums book shows snare drums from the Vintage Drum Shop of New York. Does anyone know if this place is still in existence? I am a NJ drummer who is always in NYC and the only place I know for vintage drums is the Manhattan Drum Shop (attitude at no extra cost).I would love to visit this place if it is still in existence. Anyone with info please let me know, or if you know of any other NYC shops with vintage gear (OTHER THAN Manhattan Drum Shop) please post as well.I know Drummer's Word has been known to carry some vintage stuff from time to time as does The Modern Drum Shop (Joe Cusatis's place). Both are GREAT shops and I highly reccomend them , but they are not really vintage shops.

The Vintage Drum Shop of NY closed its doors about 10 years ago . I bought a couple of drums from them and they were great to deal with .

1963 Gretsch Progressive Jazz Champagne Sparkle
1967 Ludwig Super Classic Oyster Blue Pearl
Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute Burgundy Spkl. bop
etc...
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here