Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

Vintage Canister Thrones

I'm trying to obtain some "info" regarding vintage canister thrones since I never had the opportunity to own one. A few questions, if I may:

1. Since these types of thrones had no height adjustments, were they actually practical from a functional standpoint?

2. Are these thrones considered "highly collectible" or simply oddities to today's vintage drum collectors?

3. Any ideas as to what would be considered "fair market value" for one of these (keystone-badged) in excellent cosmetic condition?

4. Are specific original "wraps" valued more than others, as is the case with vintage drums?

THANKS in advance for your help!Clapping Happy2

Posted on 15 years ago

From OldSchool

I'm trying to obtain some "info" regarding vintage canister thrones since I never had the opportunity to own one. A few questions, if I may:1. Since these types of thrones had no height adjustments, were they actually practical from a functional standpoint?I think they all sit at 23" high -but not 100% sure. I sit at about that height, so it's practical for me!2. Are these thrones considered "highly collectible" or simply oddities to today's vintage drum collectors?Let's call them "oddly collectible"!3. Any ideas as to what would be considered "fair market value" for one of these (keystone-badged) in excellent cosmetic condition?That's a good question! It would really depend on the color and it there were a couple people with a drum set in that same color who are looking for that "cherry on top" kind of thing to complete their set. I have seen some of them go for BIG money -more than some entire kits! But those days were a few years ago when people had to have one of everything. These days, I'm not so sure. Let's take a guess at $300-$500 and up depending on color4. Are specific original "wraps" valued more than others, as is the case with vintage drums?Yes! BOP, WMP are likely worth more than Blue Sparkle or Black Diamond Pearl. Something like Psych Red or Citrus Mod or Mod Orange would be off the hook!THANKS in advance for your help!Clapping Happy2

Burger KinMister TBurger KinMister Tflowers2

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

I believe they are 23" in height. I have two vintage ones and two new ones. I have had a number of them over the years all Ludwig and i love them.

I had:

1960's WMP(shoulda kept!!)

1960's Champ sparkle

1960's Blue/silver/blue sparkle that went with matching set.

1960's gold sparkle

I have:

1960's original oyster black

1970's original mod orange

2002 gold sparkle

2004 mod orange reissue

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 15 years ago

O-LUGS / WFLKurt: Thanks to both of you for your input!

WFLKurt: If you were to sell one of your vintage (1960s) ones, how much would you expect to receive in return to complete the transaction?

Posted on 15 years ago

I tried to reply to your inbox but it appears to be full. My two old canisters are in a pretty rare finish. I would expect at least 6-700 for each one. Maybe more for the mod orange. I just sold a gold sparkle one for a little over $300.00. It was all together but a little beat up. The regular colors usually get between 3-500.00 from what I have seen.

-Kurt

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here