Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

vintage Beverley snare drum shell cleaning

Hi,

I've just joined the forum. This looks like a great site.

I have a Beverley snare drum shell. When I bought the drum, the shell wrap color was a sort of light yellow. Later on, when I took off the hardware, I discovered white (lighter coloured) patches where the lug casings and rims were. I think the wrap is supposed to be pearl white, and that exposure to the sun has faded the colour. I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on how I could get the shell nice and white again (or if it's not possible!). The photo provided might not be much help, but you can sort of see some of the light patches.

Thanks

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

There is no way. (Let me re-phrase) there is no simple way, safe way.

The methods I have heard in the past run the risk of damage to the shell which will destroy the drum.

I suggest a good old fashioned cleaning and polishing and enjoy it like it is. The color change is normal and gives the drum character.

My vote is to just enjoy the drum as-is.

David

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Aha..but you failed to mention it is White Ripple...meaning...NOW...it is Cream Ripple...which is way cooler than White...

I love faded white ripple...a lotta old Premiers and Olympics and Bevs used that wrap....like Webmaster said...no, you can't really get it back to white...it's just a nice, vintage fade over time.

Enjoy.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here