Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Vintage as Vintage Can Be

This one is a superb example of vintage drums. What a great sounding and looking setup. Top shelf! Don't everyone dig into their pockets at once, but it's probably more rare than an oyster black Downbeat (with a much lower price). American drums at their best (quite a complement from a Rogers guy Walking).

https://reverb.com/item/46319820-slingerland-20-13-16-5x14-drum-set-w-hardware-1962-pink-oyster

Posted on 2 years ago

"That shalt not covet thy neighbor's drums".

11th Commandment.

The greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. - Joyce Meyer
Posted on 2 years ago

^LOL larryz!

It's nice whenever you see a complete kit and not a shell pack being sold as a kit. That's the way kits were sold back in those days, after all -you got a matching hardware package that was brand-specific.

I don't know exactly when it happened, but the day came when suddenly you had to buy a shell pack and then add a snare drum and add a hardware package, separately....Gibralter and all that kind of stuff...

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 2 years ago

A neat set to be sure but not exactly a true "time capsule" kit. Extra holes in toms are noted but badge grommets also appear non-original. Some of the hardware is not 100% correct either. May be nit-picky but they are seeking true "time capsule" money. Kudos for the low shipping price.

Posted on 2 years ago

From larryz

"That shalt not covet thy neighbor's drums". 11th Commandment.

There were originally 15 commandments. 11 through 15 were drum related. Fortunately Moses had a bit of an accident so it's all good.

[ame]https://youtu.be/4wunGF3oMA0[/ame]

Posted on 2 years ago

From slingerfan

A neat set to be sure but not exactly a true "time capsule" kit. Extra holes in toms are noted but badge grommets also appear non-original. Some of the hardware is not 100% correct either. May be nit-picky but they are seeking true "time capsule" money. Kudos for the low shipping price.

It is still very nice, especially given how nice that rare wrap is.

Drilling those and putting those modern screw in grommets is a real shame. The only reason I can think someone would do that would be if they had internal microphones and didn't want the cables going through the existing grommets.

Posted on 2 years ago

From slingerfan

Extra holes may be over-rated. Ringo, Ginger, Mitch and all the boys had Black & Decker mods in their kits. Yes Sir

Whoever did it was neat about it. Mic wires does seem a good possibility. I didn't pick up on the badge grommets. That is a bit odd. Would they have been polished aluminum originally?

Regardless, I would very much like to have it but find something a bit less than the necessary cash for that price range at the moment.

Posted on 2 years ago

I hope that the drums in this set are better matches with each other than the drums in this Rogers set that I owned for a few years. I used a cradle for the 10x14 tom as a second floor tom. I have never had seller's remorse for drum sets that I used to own. But, I really would like to have another set of vintage drums in the same wrap--preferably Slingerland or Leedy.

1 attachments
No matter how far you push the envelope, it is still stationery.
Posted on 2 years ago

From Dan Boucher

Extra holes may be over-rated. Ringo, Ginger, Mitch and all the boys had Black & Decker mods in their kits. Yes Sir

A Ringo (or Ginger, or Mitch) drum with extra holes or cigarette burns is a treasure, for everyone else's drums it is just damage (LOL).

Posted on 2 years ago

From Dan Boucher

I didn't pick up on the badge grommets. That is a bit odd. Would they have been polished aluminum originally?

Yes, should be aluminum, and why were they changed? Raises other questions too. Still a super cool set.

Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here