Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Vintage Acrolite

Received my 65 Acro yesterday and thought you all should know how happy I am. That drum is fantastic!!! Thanks to all who gave me input to make my desicion and for steering me to that ebay deal. Lucky

Posted on 16 years ago

Enjoy it my man!!! They are INDEED sweet!!!

Stix

Posted on 16 years ago

Excellent....congrats! The credit all goes to Ludwig!

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 16 years ago

Definately one of my go to snares. I used mine on our last gig and it sounded great in the video.

Posted on 16 years ago

Mine is one of the worst of the worst Acrolites....and it still kicks most other drums right out the door. It's gotta be one of the all-time greatest snare drum designs ever!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

Just finished a two hour session with that Acrolite and all I can say is that is rapidly becoming my favorite snare. Is it possible for a drum to have more than one sweet spot? That drum has a few. I have not even messed with the tuning, played it just as it was out of the box. It has a Remo Legacy on it, never heard of them, not a bad head. Pretty crisp. Anyone ever use one? I ould like some feedback, always searching for that perfect head!

Posted on 16 years ago

What do other aluminum snares sound like compared to the acro? Like gretcsh's and slingerland's.

Posted on 16 years ago

never had a Gretcsh but had a 6 or 6.5 Slingerland, all I can remember about it was it was just loud, maybe a little tinny. Was playing punk rock and needed it to cut through all that volume. Lent it to someone and never got it back. Think I'll make some phone calls.

Posted on 16 years ago

I was able to purchase a 1966 Acrolite from a woman in my office whose husband passed away 4 years ago. It was in excellent condition with no pitting, dents, scratches, etc. I love it. It has become my favorite snare.

Posted on 16 years ago

Im a wood shell player and have never played an Acro until tonite.It was a KB 5"with old heads on it,and it just floored me,honestly.I brought it home [borrowed] so i can look it over to see where the magic comes from.I must own this drumJump For Joy

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here