Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Vintage 1965 Original Star pre Tama Rare 4pc Drum Set

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1965-Original-Star-pre-Tama-Rare-4pc-Drum-Set_W0QQitemZ230310755184QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVintgae_Drums_Percussion?hash=item230310755184

Without rancor, or disrespect, I have to ask: is this seller high on crack?

How much is this kit worth, really? flower

Posted on 15 years ago

There from L.A., probably meth not crack......

Seriously, some sellers have not grasped the fact that we are in a "recession" or "the economy is poor". That kit looks to be Phillipine Mahogany, and IMHO is worth as shown, max of $300.00. I'm curious as to why the bass drum badge is different than the rest. Nice looking set, but the seller is fishing for the best price.

BBK

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 15 years ago

Hi, i also own a copple of star kits. One royal star and a star. The sound quality is much better of the royal star. The other kit sounded poor. So i put a 2 layer african bubinga veneer in it. Now it's sounding much better!

QUOTE=backbeatkeeper;20712]There from L.A., probably meth not crack......

Seriously, some sellers have not grasped the fact that we are in a "recession" or "the economy is poor". That kit looks to be Phillipine Mahogany, and IMHO is worth as shown, max of $300.00. I'm curious as to why the bass drum badge is different than the rest. Nice looking set, but the seller is fishing for the best price.

BBK[/QUOTE]

Posted on 15 years ago

It's a nice enough kit, in really good condition, in a pretty rare wrap. Put that all together and add our current economic state... and you're looking at $300.00 to $400.00 at best.

So yes... they are on meth/crack and possibly sniffing some glue as a chacer.

Did anyone else notice the "patch work" on the inside of the kick? What's up with that? Never seen anything like that before, even on an import kit.

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here