Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Vintage 1960s Ludwig Drums

Would anyone be able to give me some advice here? I was given a vintage Ludwig drumset as part of compensation for a painting job. I am a drummer so I am very familiar with drums, but from looking on ebay I see that these may have some value. What I am trying to determine if I will get more money out of them if I sell what I have in individual components, or as a complete kit.

I have a gold sparkle 22" kick, 13" tom, and 16" floor tom. The floor tom is in very good condition as it was in a case. The kick drum has had the original mounting arm and cymbal mount removed and the holes filled (However it looks as if they can be drilled out very easily). Someone installed a double-tom, post mount on the top of the kick. Also, the mounted tom has had the lower lugs removed and those holes filled (most likely during that 70's era when people didn't have resonant heads). They can also be drilled out for restoration. I also have what I think is a chrome supraphonic snare which is in pretty good condition. All have the Keystone badges with serial numbers. Lowest serial number is in 300,000 area, the highest is the snare with a 700,000 s.n. I know that they are from the 60's due to the badges and the serial numbers. I can find no date stamp in the kick. What do you think? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

carey

Posted on 18 years ago

Normally, a complete, original, un-molested '60s drum set with bring a good amount if kept together....since the bass and mounted tom have been seriuosly messed with, you might do better breaking the set up and selling them individually.

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here