Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

vibrasonic colours?

im tryng to find out if my hayman vibrasonic snare as been recovered.

its a cool blue at the moment, but when i stripped it down to renovate it i found thhe original colour was a dark purple. cant believe that puprle fades to blue, but it looks like it has.

i know hayman did 3 main colours (gold ingot, solid silver and midnight blue)

but mine is purple (well blue now)

it does not look like its had a new wrap on it, so i dont know. did Dallas Arbiter do ay specials or is this a recovering???

any ideas?

[IMG]http://a387.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/27/l_aeb624db9d3cfda9617fa201d795daca.jpg[/IMG]

you can just see the purple under the left lug!

[IMG]http://a228.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/3/l_502b59d0e20303c49add58e382ca38bb.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 16 years ago

The finish of the wrap appears to be Hayman (small striations in the plastic), although I've never seen this colour in original wraps. Usually Hayman's wraps tended to warp (bulge) around the lugs and that might be an indication. Hayman used a wrap made up of a coloured plastic cover (apparently originally designed for name tags on refrigerators), with a silver foil underneath. If there is any section of the wrap that has come loose at an edge, check if the wrap is made up of this two-layered material. If so, it is probably original.

Posted on 15 years ago

That is an original colour,,the later wraps included the one you have plus red, a light purple, and black is in there as well,, there's a chap selling a full Hayman kit in this colour you have on ebay.co.uk,,he's asking £750.00 for them..

Posted on 15 years ago

cheers for the info, glad to hear its all original!

only question is why is it purple under the lugs?

Posted on 15 years ago

I have a kit in this color – it is also purple under the hardware but I have a midnight blue kit and there is no way they are the same color. Your snare drum is an original hayman color - as far as i can tell the melanex sandwich, melanex/foil/melanex reacts to pressure over time, nothing to worry about. :)

Ps: if you ever want to sell your snare it would match my kit nicely! mine came with a chrome hayman snare.

Posted on 15 years ago
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here