Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Very early 1920's Ludwig & Ludwig Snare Question

Hello. I found in my barn an old Ludwig & Ludwig snare drum. It has a round badge located at the strainer/tensioner that says Ludwig & Ludwig makers, lists the address as 134 Van Buren St. in Chicago, Ill. The drum is in not so great of shape namely the rims are badly rusted but the shell and one piece tube lugs (6 total) are fine. I think the shell is brass plated with some sort of "white metal" plating, because the shell has green patina'd areas on it. Bearing edges are just turned in at 90 degrees from the shell. Measures 14" x 4." The hoops are non-flanged metal, not wood. The shell does not have a bead running around the outside-just flat. My digital camera just ran out of batteries or I would also have sent a photo at this time. Question - how old is drum and can it be restored and sold? Please respond and thank you for your assistance.

Posted on 19 years ago

Hi,

I can help you with that...email me your phone # and well go from there...and, I'm interested in buying if you will be selling it...

Mike Curotto

Posted on 19 years ago

I have a question about the same thing.early ludwig & ludwig measures 6 x 14 with 6 lugs

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here